26mm mikuni

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No its not a genuine 26mm carb from mikuni. What it is , is a thailand made mikuni vm 22 carb that has an oval bore. Some people who sell them tell people they are 26mm but they are NOT

how can you tell if you cant actually see the bore??? i have a 26mm mikuni and to be completly honest, from looking at it face on like that it looks just like mine so as you said, its definatly hard to tell, but if spending $50 worries you, spend a little extra and get it from a store instead of ebay and you will be fine.

Cheers, Tony.

bones i can tell by looking at the photo easy. I just can. benn doing this a LOOOOONG time.

No its not a genuine 26mm carb from mikuni. What it is , is a thailand made mikuni vm 22 carb that has an oval bore. Some people who sell them tell people they are 26mm but they are NOT

what i have is the same as the photo and mine has circular bore (both manifold and air filter side) that becomes an oval inside. i'd expect all of them would be oval due to the shape of the cutaway barrel. i may be wrong though. i havent seen, nor did i know there's a different 26mm pitty's use. I've always thought mine is THE 26mm.

what would the real 26mm look like? a photo or even just descriptions would help, sixeven. thanks!

Last edited:
yeh im not to sure i was guessing it was geuine coz mi mate has a 26 mm mikuni that he brought from epping motorcycles and it looks exactly the same ????????

jamie 1221: The carb on ebay is the 26mm we use. I believe you can continue with your interest in it.

sixeven, now I understand what you mean by "looking at it is easy". Indeed it looks very different except that there seems to be a mixup between the VM22 you claim it is and the carb that we use (dont know the model). Here's a page I found about the VM series carbs and they look quite different - its got a cable choke, among others: http://www.psep.biz/store/mikuni_carburetor.htm and another one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Miku...016QQitemZ260061442442QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I hope it clears the confusion although if you have other information, please throw it in. Thanks!

my 26mm mikuni (well sold as one and is stamped `mikuni`) looks identical to the carb pictured so what is a real 26mm mikuni meant to look like??

All the bikes i have owned wich have had Mikunis have had a rubber adaptor where the carb bolts to the manifold. The Chinese are very suspect characters and being communists probably dont have any copywrite laws.

Thanks sixeven. Good of you to return to this thread and share the added info which is actually quite extensive!

This now clearly tells me that the 26mm I currently have is not the 26mm I prefer to have.

One thing I'd like to add is so far, I've seen more than 3 different brand names for the "Mikuni 26mm" that I used to know. The carbs are exact identical copies of each other. The only difference I've so far noticed is the material of the float that is used. Some had black rubber, and another was some sort fo plastic. I never had the chance to set each one side by side and check for jet sizes.

why hasn't anyone explained to anyone to measure with a set of verniers the bore size of the carb at the manifold end to establish the size ????

Seen a million of them, Its a 25mm...... Case Closed

horde when u measure the bore at the manifold do u measure it vertically or horizontally? Cause if you do both you don't get the same measurement. Do you? Thats what I'm saying. You can't call it a 25mm if its not. Its a oval bore with an average of 25mm. This case will never be closed when you are talking about chinese knockoff carbs! A 4K motor is definately worth it! Go Honda!

check the pics, I think you'll be saddened to see its actually round, and my verniers tell me its round so therefore its round! And yes, it says mikuni on the carb, and yes its the same one from the original pic that started this thread.

case closed yet?!?

I reckon...

Attachments

• 25mm mikuniImage019.jpg
    25mm mikuniImage019.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 25mm mikuni2Image020.jpg
    25mm mikuni2Image020.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 25mm mikuni3Image021.jpg
    25mm mikuni3Image021.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 18
thats the way guys argue to the death hard to say with any carby from china lol

Not yet closed. The carb you hold there pall is an oval bored carb. I suggest you have a look just past the end of your nose and down into the carb and right through it. You will see it is NOT bored the same size all the way through. IS IT? now I am getting an attitude with you cause you think you know it all about carbs. You are obviously blinded by the fact that you have either been told it was a 25mm carband were stitched up cause it aint or you sell these shitty things and you stitch people up. order yourself a real 26mm carb from OZ50 and you will see what I mean about the bore of it. The 26mm has a 26mm hole, perfectly round (not oval cast) bored through the centre of it. Now this case is getting closed.

now heyy i bought this carb from the start of the thread and it is a circle bore all the way through the only prob is it 26 all th way thourgh execpt just b4 the sleeve there is slightly smaller lik 25 but it goes good as. its a massive improvement

Latest posts

Back