2nd hand thumpstar

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john_madeley

Reaction score
Hey all! i'm new to this forum.. i'v been reading it for a while deciding on what bike to buy. I have read in the papers there is a thumpstar for 2.5 grand. i have talked 2 him about it and will accept 2.2 grand. it is an 05 model and good conditon what do u think ? k thankyou:D :eek:

yeah. They are, it had had motart tyres. So i'm guesting it hasn't been jumped and thrashed that much. I'll have to get chunkys because i go riding bush with my mates. I will be using this bike for riding with friends and occasionally trying to do jumps :)

i'd go and have a look @ it first dude, check frame for stress marks or cracks.
is it a 110 or 125?
take it for a test ride and see how the gears feel also.
other than that should be all good.
lets us know how you go

Yes, test drive it first.

I bought a second hand 05 thumpstar 120 for £500 uk pounds so i don't know how much that is in aus money.
Mine was fine, had never been offroad. Only problem i noticed was the shock was stuck so ....

yeah, good idea. i think he lives in resedential area so i wont be able 2 ride far..ok im going nxt week ill let u know how it went :D;)

i thought thumpstars were mor like 1grand!?!?!?!? my next door neibour aparently got his 110cc thumpstar for $750 new. and it looked the same as all the ones ive seen. unfortunaly for him some one stole it, thrashed it and left it on the side of the road for dead. luckily his dad drove past saw it and picked it up. and buy the looks of it it took one hell of a beating and was still looking for more!

it was prolly a orion, lol .. I see there is a thumpstar 06 model $1600.. i think it must have been stolen, still in good nick.. i mite buy it but there is a big risk..:confused: what do u think??:eek: o and i mean 125cc

LMAO! i rang the man selling 06 thumpy, it wasnt a real one! it was a fake, he is like well thumpstar is a brand name and they just put stickers on them. It was a ducar motor and he is like it got a good exhaust and sounds like a cr450 or something... he said the motor comes out of the honda factory.. and then i was like said some more stuff and then i said i'll get back 2 you and hang up.. what a scammer LOL! so i'm going 2 perth on friday 2 pick up my genuine thumpstar for 2200 05 model cant wait;) ;) :cool:

yeh, lucky i did my research. He was full of shit lmao he said thumpstar isnt a brand its a type of sticker people of on there bike to increase value. lol it was funny i said bullshit and hang up :D i though i was all though and stuff hahaaha well 4 more days til i pick my thumpy up :cool: when i get it i'll post pics

john_madeley said:
he said thumpstar isnt a brand its a type of sticker people of on there bike to increase value.
lol, thats a CLASSIC!, was he asian ?

john_madeley said:
it was prolly a orion, lol .. I see there is a thumpstar 06 model $1600.. i think it must have been stolen, still in good nick.. i mite buy it but there is a big risk..:confused: what do u think??:eek: o and i mean 125cc
not that big a risk
modify it (new plastics and visual) and you should be fine. and take serial number off bike by welding it away.

Dirt Bikez & Pocket B said:
not that big a risk
modify it (new plastics and visual) and you should be fine. and take serial number off bike by welding it away.

...good advise for disguising stolen bikes...could be yours next.

Yeah, i got an origonal thumpy for 2000$ it was origonally 2200 my uncle got it down, ill make new thread with pics as soon as i can take some. 125cc it is sweeeeeeeeet. 05 model 2

Latest posts

Back