2stroke muffles on a 4stroke engine?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tldrider

Reaction score
this may sounds stupid but wat would happen if i put a 2 stroke muffler on a 4 stroke engine?
cant be too bad can it?
wats the downsides??

funny u bring this up because i was at work looking at an fmf muffler off of a cr125 and i cant see why not

Ok I don't really know if this applies to the muffler but a two-stroke stinger pipe (that very small diameter pipe that comes off the expansion chamber and through the muffler) is designed to make a bit of back pressure to aid in the scavenging of unburnt gas. If the muffler itself is has the same inside diameter as a stinger pipe, which I'm not sure of, it could only be restrictive?

you can buy 450 pipes with the same concept- its called a fmf power bomb, but i think it increases power, not getting the unburnt fuel but it has a big bulge, all the factoy teams us it.

here is a link to the google seach of a cutaway, i cant put it up normally because i don have a photo bucket account and that the link dosnt work off google , so here is the link fmf powerbomb - Google Image Search MODS IF YOU SEE THIS CAN YOU PLEASE POST IT UP BECAUSE I CANT.

mm..it works, but not good ...the packing inside is a bit different and the exit mostly too small....had FMF on my lifan110 and changed it to a TB exhaust ...big difference!!

yeah, the packing is a bit different. usually packed a lot tighter. i pull em apart and remove about 20% of the packing, loosening it all up a bit so theres no empty space when u re-assemble it. seems to work fine. but u do need to get one with a big inside diameter and outlet or you're wasting your time.

wow guys
didnt expect to get many replys but thanks soo much for every1s comments =]
i too like ducar r spec was looking at those fmf mufflers at the local yammy shop down the road from me.
only thing i realised about the mufflers was a differant muffler tip size.
i might buy a gd brand muffler and modify it to fit onto my motovert pro and see how it goes.
soo far i think it would be cheaper than buying a whole crf50/blx exhaust system and finding out the header pipe etc isnt 32mm...

mikee

The muffler off a 250cc 2 stroker MXer could be alright. They usually have core tubes of size around 25 to 28mm. It'll probably sound a lot quieter than the typical china pitbike muffler. Or you could get one off a 200+ cc 2 stroke enduro bike and just cut down it's length until you get the sound and power you want out of your mini.

I was just thinking.

If i put the muffler of my MSO pro onto my bigger bike which is a yamaha DT200, what do you think will it be fine?

No idea sorry. There is sound - which you could maybe test via hold it on somehow. Then there is the packing life. Also the 2-strokes oil up the mufflers quick so keep that in mind if/when it gets real loud.

Latest posts

Back