4 stroke white smoke

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
whats up i just took apart the top end and ported my OPBS X 125cc...i replaced my cam and all the head gaskets and when i was breaking it is i noticed there is a tiny bit of white smoke coming out during idle. I have only let it idle i haven't ridden it yet so i don't know how it performs but when i put it back together i did put brand new oil in there as well. I also noticed that the exhaust was dripping a little bit.

HELP!!!!!

" I also noticed that the exhaust was dripping a little bit"
of what oil?
its not water cooled so maybe the motor is just burning some oil off... and it kinda happens to look white ride her for a bit more because and then see what happens
even if it is burning oil there is little harm in riding it (unless its smokey as hell)

did you install stronger valve springs? does it smoke when you rev it up or when it is coming down
is your crankcase breather blocked?

white smoke means a new pope has been chosen, congratulations!!

rmrTyUvl.png

Whenever I have seen white smoke as opposed to blue smoke(oil burning) the crankcase breather at the rear of the motor has been kinked or blocked.

i rode it this morning and i didnt notice any smoke but it was dripping like a muddy water color liquid from where the pipe connects to the muffler. I left the valves in when i ported it, i just put the covers back on and left them closed so no **** got into the head. When i rode it this morning i only was running it at 50% and kept it in 2nd the whole time but when i opened the throttle up all the way it would cut out, and when i would let off the throttle completely it would pop.

pop is exhaust leak at the flange.

Latest posts

Back