**43t R/sprocket to 41t**will it make a difference??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikey01

Reaction score
Hey Guys i bought my XTM 140cc pit bike just not long ago and im having so much fun on it but wat made me unhappy was the gear ratio's.. so i had not much top speed. my first gear is just so low i pretty much get no wer unless i hit 2nd so i thought if i change my 43t rear sprocket to a 41 tooth will that make any difference or do i need sumfin a lil smaller?? :confused:

its running 16t/43t atm. with a Lifan 140

the smaller the front sproket the less top speed u will have. so 13t = low top speed 17t = higher top speed

on the back the smaller the spocket the more top speed
so 37t = more top speed 43t = low top speed

so it all up to u wat u want to do if u only want a few more km change to a 41t or if u want it more faster go smaller again

changing the sprocket wont change the 1st gear problem, it will still rev out quick in 1st, its just the way the gearbox are geared, and is rather sh*t. Just keep it in second... Changing 1 tooth on the front is more noticeable than changing 1 tooth on the rear... so change a couple on the front and couple on the back and it will have a better top speed

changing the sprocket wont change the 1st gear problem,

yes it will.... changeing the sprockets will make first gear longer and more usable.

changein 1t on the front is the same to 3t on the back

Latest posts

Back