49cc Stacey build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nafe

Reaction score
Hey guys, i was bored so i decided to post a thread on my bike that i built last holidays, literally started with a bike that wasnt running and had broken everything. As you can see the results speak for themselves.

i decided to call it the 49cc stacey because its small and snappy like my gf. .

Before:

Image009.jpg

After extensive weight reduction:
49cc dirtbike forks
new handlebars
lightened flywheel
advanced timing key
new front rim
NGK-R spark plug
Bored Carby to 19mm
0.75 carb rejet
Custom exhaust (spray can,galvanised paint, fmf sticker)
Pro taper grips
Brushed steel rear sprocket
Brushed steel rear brake disk
Brushed steel foot pegs
Brushed steel stunt pegs
Respray frame (jet black)
Respray Rims (jet black)
Removed front brakes alltogether (removed fork mounts for less weight)
Removed chain guard + mounts
Removed all Fairings + fairing mounts.
3 cm rubber applied to all engine mounts for less vibration
Custom made seat (2 different foams, soft top layer with a tuff underlay - extremely comfy)
and finally Custom resprayed "stacey" personalised number plates (they only sell blue ones so i had to respray to make em black so they look real)

Final product:

DSC03503.jpg

Last edited:
:eek: whered you score the brake master? what would normally be the clutch, i know...and i know the clutch kits are out there, but...i want one:p

she go hard? it better:p

dont let the missus find out the nick;)

oh yea i remember you promised us this info ages ago, looks like the perfect little backyard thrasher you can carry around in the boot ;)

looks sick...

I will have to post picz of my stunter pocket bike... Not as kool though.

EDIT: Got some.. :)

000_0087.jpg

and front with the thumpstar number plate...
000_0088.jpg

and how it started...
Image057.jpg

it needs brakes.. Im going to race it next fortnight... see how i go.. lol

Last edited:
hah crazy, someone had the same idea as me to put pushbike pegs on the back. I took the bike out last weekend and went for a lap around the block. The engine needs a rebuild really bad it blows heaps of smoke and the top speed has dropped like a rock.

Have you done any engine mods to it ?

well at the moment its a stock 40cc..

But i have a 49cc motor which has a single port head, full circle crank, carbon reeds, rocket key and other shiz but it needs new rings in it so i cant run it atm...

The BMX pegs were originally used has foot pegs, they have half of one side drilled out with a grub screw but i got better ones so yeah .. :) lol...

Nice bike again dude.. how much were the forks?? or did you already have them?

hah i bought the original bike off a kid for $100 on eBay, then one week after i bought the bike he put another "box of spares" on eBay starting at $0.99 i put a bid in for $5 and won it.

In the box of spares was a complete 49cc motor,a second motor in pieces, forks, 3 rear shocks for 49cc dirtbikes, 4 carbys, 2 clutches, throttle cables, break discs, brake levers, pull starter, 3 sets of handlebars, 3 sets of rims, 3 different sized sprockets and about 2 kilos of spare bolts, nuts ,jets, filters.

so i guess for $105 i got a pretty good deal, i havent bought anything since i bought the thing. so yeah they cost me $5

i got my bike for 50 buck off some lady me and my mate went to the house and see was asking like 180 for 2 bikes we got them for 110 lol.. the i just had to buy a clutch housing.. where about you located dude?

looking at these makes me wanna start getting back into the tuned pipes... then, theyre on ebay, so why bother?

cause then you can customise:)

even go and make "constant tune" style pipes.... shame my TIG blew up on me...grrr...MIG will have to do...

im in point cook victoria atm, i ride it around point cook and werribee occasionally. The only trip the bikes been on was when i took it Berwick and flew down some big hills - got up to some pretty crazy speeds flying around there.

il put up some more pics of my bike and another one im working on its a "r.49" in KTM orange

Ok,yeah i'm looking to do a project bike but i still have to work out what sort of bike to go with.

Latest posts

Back