50 Track

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
motovertman where did you get your dirt????

Got my dirt for free. Just put a sign out the front of the property (or on a main road with a phone number) and you will get heaps. Then I had a mate that got a hold of the more clay like stuff for the top's of all the jumps.

That's the idea Dreadful. On the north eastern side of Melbourne. The track location is east of Melb. Few beers and a couple of days work and she will be all go. Going to have to think about the whole Dingo vs Bobcat thing. Just don't want to spend a tonne.

Will get some pics of it all drawn out next weekend. Will be ripping up the flat track I know that!!

thanks BigM thats awsome i'll do that.

yeah i'll put up a few signs later this weekend hopefully.

get a bobcat it would be much easyer. thanks for the help guys when i finish it (be a couple of weeks/months) i'll put a few pics up

Last edited:
how wide would the track (in a square) do you think should be???? i was thinking 200X200meters would that be to big or would i better off going 150X150meters????
What is a good width from one side of the starting gate to the other????
Going into town tommorrow to get some spray paint and picket thing to stick into the grownd so i know where to spary, its going to be one bloody good weekend for me if the weathers good, pray to god it is.
Can't wait till its done, i'll keep yous in form of whats going on and if this track holds up i might make a 50's track.

Last edited:
200x200meters?!! that's a pretty damn wide track man..

i rekon track width would be like.. 10-20mtr's?

motovertman ill help if ya need it im in the S/E subs out at hampton park and might be able to get my hands on a bobcat or dingo my mate has them

200x200meters?!! that's a pretty damn wide track man..

i rekon track width would be like.. 10-20mtr's?

yeah buts that one side of a track to the other.Plus i got the room to do it so i might as well how wide is the starting gate?????
i'm expecting the straigh to be 50-70m long so its going to be a full on motocross track thats why im so pumped about it all and im going to be doing most of it myself, might have to get dad or uncle to do the jumps with the bobcat others wise im doing by myself my next door neghbour might come down and help a bit but wouldn't do much.
Motovertman whats sort of clay/dirt stuff did you use for your jumps????

Last edited:
i've got it all figured out im going to do a 150X80(the track is only 110X60) box and thats going to fit the track in with alot of room for mistakes. The 150 willbe the bottom of the track so i can have a straight and the 80 is the sides im going down to the shops now to get some spray paint to mark out 150X80 so i can mowe it, then im marking out every 5-10 meters and putting pickets in.

^^^ yeah, i will.

I have just finished mowing half of the paddock and ran out of fule but so far i've measured out 150X80 put a few pickets and the strings down i'm about to mark out every 5m and put a spot of white paint, defo put a few pics up tonight if i find out how to do it.

if any one around singleton district could help organise dirt to help out that would be really appreciated.
Motovertman hows ure track coming along???? put a few pics up.
(sorry i've taking over your thread)

Last edited:
motorvertman

mates rates on that bobby will be about 2-300 plus fuel inc driver which is handy cause they make light work with all the practice they get

it works out good for us between the 4 of us we chuck in hundred bux each for the bob for a weekend give or take that cover the owner of the property as well of corse he doesn't pay a cent

i spose you can consider it rent hey

but were waiting for a bit of rain before we get in and fix up the track it's pretty powdery as is

but i reckon you could easily get 4 or 5 blokes that you could trust to chuck in a hunge each and get a track up and runin easy as
hell i'd chuck ya a hunge if i had nowhere to ride and 2hrs each way would be sweet weekend away riding even if ya only did it once a month
hmmm in fact i might chuck ya some coin and hire ya track one day he he he

good things man enjoy the process

and on the flat track thing i spent all day today riding flat track it's great practice for cornering and race pace brakeing

enjoy

Me and my friends built a really nice Minisx track at a friends place. Everyone who rides there put in some money for a Bobcat and one of our mates can drive them really well and built the track. If there's a few of you it will be way cheaper...and its pretty fair aswell if they will be using the track i reckon.

Also you need to have a source of water if possible! My friend has some good land and a Big bike SX track and we built a 50 track aswell with his Bobcat. And without water the track would have been absolute crap. After we built jumps/berms just coated it well with water and then rode it and keep doing it and the track ends up being sick......So if you can try rig up something. Otherwise rain is a great thing! ha

hay motovertman hows your track throw up some pics or a vid.

As for me my tracks coming a long at a very slow pace but a got some dirt of a mate who took down his track, now i just got to get it to my place so got a bit more to go but nearly done.

Good luck with the build mate. Post up some pics when you are done sounds like it will be alot of fun.

^^^ Got everything marked out now Bulldog. Coming along pretty well but slowly. A lot of bloody work!! Don't have any pics yet (was too busy flat tracking the bad boy)!! lol. Hope to get some soon when we start with the dirt. Got 30 tonne organised so hopefully that's enough. That track layout is awesome too!!

yeah 30 tonne should be enough lol, how big is your track BTW? just got to move some rocks so i don't get smashed on them lay the dirt out than i'm done YAY!!! it's a bigger task than i first thought lol

i have but im also incorperating my old flat track which ads another 200m to the track just ad a few more jumps to my flat track.

Looking at making a 50 type track once we move to our new land.

My dad owns every size and type of earthmoving equipment that you could think of so thats not a problem. 60 acres so size want matter just looking for ideas for a track.

Any ideas even if you've got big bike ones

go out there and ride around, then visualize a track and all the jumps being there and flowing then get some paint on the ground and get small mounds of dirt and just build it up till it gets bigger and flows nicly. and you can never have too much dirt so just call up a pool company and get them to dump dirt there.

Latest posts

Back