50cc mini chopper gear problem 4 speed auto

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aljonizle

Reaction score
i have a problem with my mini chopper 49.5cc 4 speed auto, i had carby problems it being to big for the motor so i get it fixed, i took it back, when i was riding it was slow and high rev like it couldnt change gear so i was just riding slow down the road, i stopped for about 5mins started riding and it was allgood, now its doing the same thing going slow high reving etc HELP! i bought it recently year old mechanic said rarely used, when i bought it didnt really know much about bikes, when i first bought it ran it empty on petrol might of thought i effed up the clutch

i need help its really getting to me! did i do something the clutch? is it possible that running empty on petrol, and trying to start it up has something to do with it? i changed the battery aswell cause it went flat doing it, and did a oil change because it hasnt been changed for awhile HEEEELP

I doubt running it out of fuel has done anything mate, if you say your traveling at low speed and the bike is revving higher but the speed doesnt mate the revs it making id say that the clutch is nearly fried, does it have kickstart also?

yeh figured, um no its an electical start (button, etc) well when i speed up the speed does go up but only like abit, im just running about 5-10ks down the road so slow, it sounds like the clutch is not engadging or something like im just running on the first gear on a manual car down the road.

If you end up pulling the clutch out, break it down and have a look at the clutch plates and steels, Its not uncommon for these smaller autos to go thru a clutch here and there.

Ah okay what do you mean break it down >< Sorry im still at the learning process
ill upload a photo of my bike aswell

Got negative feedback for helping out on this thread, I'll leave the advice giving to the pro who hasn't posted anything to help the young fella out.

sorry might of been me my first time using this i might gave you negative instead on positive :/ im very sorry how to give positive?
sorry again

Its okay mate, all good, accidents happen. By breaking down I mean pulling the clutch assembly apart to look at it, but its not really necessary. Did you get any pics of your bike?

Ah okay i get it
yea sorry again mate
yes i did hopefully it helps like i said itwas doing when i got the carby fixed then worked fine
now its doing it again...

Its all good, do you think the carby is playing up also, are you sure it is all the clutch then?

yeah before i got the carby change the original carby was to big for it, and it was idling so weird, but i bought it like that before i bought the bike the guy rode on it and it was running fine as in moving didnt pay much attention to it idling cause he got on it straight away. when i bought it found out the carby was to big therefore idling high and low change it now its idling normal but still the bike high revs when it moves struggling to gain speed/change gear
deeply sorry if its confusing but im definite its the clutch it moves and everything but just very slow and loud

From your explanation mate I think the clutch needs replacing, get on Ebay or a local dealer and grab one.

Latest posts

Back