50cc rear axle problem.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tskrem

Reaction score
Hey, i took apart this old 49cc 2 stoke mini bike i have ( too clean it and everything) . when i put it back however the axle fell out along with other things i dont know what are, there are some sort of spacers or something and there seem to be washers that stop the axle from moving however they are all bent up and dont stop the axle from moving inside the wheel. I dont really know what im doing with axles and bearings, as u can probably tell already lol. some help would be great :D

Cheers
-Tskrem

some pictures might help with the situation

but it sounds like your bearings fell out? im not sure wether with these wheels if they have a long spacer that goes inside the hub between the 2 bearings and you will have spacers on the outside of the hub

i tried to keep everything that fell out, is safe in a bucket lol. yeah before i took the bike apart the chain kept coming off because the wheel started to wobble at the axle. how much would it cost to take the wheel in and get new bearings and axle? first mini i ever got. had my 6 foot+ brothers and cuzns on it doing laps around my farm. absolutley thrashed that bike and its still going. only reason is because dad never mesaured oil just pour shitloads at a time, i remember it leaks from the exhaust lol. that y i cleaned it. I have had it for around 5 yrs....

without pics cant give much help
it should go in this order
axle nut , washer, chain adjuster , frame , spacer , bearing , wheel , internal axle tube and then in reverse
Wheel , bearing , spacer , frame , chain adjuster , washer , axle bolt
if the bearings are stuffed any bearing shop will stock them take remnants to store to make sure they measure the same
hope this helps

ok ill hopefully get some photos soon. i might just take it to GC motorcycles in Adelaide. i think thats what there called. thanks for the help

Latest posts

Back