50cc Scooter project - complete noob

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perthrider

Reaction score
After moving further from school I'm in need of some faster transport, so a 50cc scooter seemed to fit the bill. However I also want a new project to start on, so i had the far thought of grabbing a cheapy write off that's still rego'd on gumtree, and replacing the 50 with a 110china auto or something like that. Im sure someone must have done this before, but i cant find much and im completely new to the scooter scene and have no idea where to start. I happen to have a vmoto 125 engine lying around atm, which would be nice if i could use, but i have no idea what mounts these 50's use, or even if the four strokes and two strokes differ, or even if the manufacturers mounts differ! Where do i start??

If anyone can help or has any knowledge of these 50's your help would be much appreciated,
-perthrider

The scooter motors run a CVT(constant variable transmission) engine so the rear wheel runs off the engine itself and the mounts just arent there except a mount on the top of the engine which when removed allows the whole rear half including engine to be seperated from the front half of the scooter, it would be a huge job mate, not one that i would want to tackle.

get a rego z50, or a china copy, then you can shove any moster engine in there.

Thanks rotn, well ive plenty of time aha, and it sounds like a good challenge.. i wonder if i could create some sort of frakenscooter with the rear half of the vmoto and the front end of a 50.. there must be some way. Or maybe just scribble 50cc over the 125 sign on the vmoto..

Haha westy, good idea but need to keep it inconspicuos and looking like a fifty so it wont attract unwanted attention..

haha a frankinscooter wouldnt be inconspicuous, but i would certainly enjoy a build thread if you do go ahead dude

bahahaha westy, how much more inconspicuous can you get? :D rotn ill definately do a thread, im sure it would be possible. Now to grab the scooter! Ive got a 2010 yamaha 'jog' scooter in my sights for 300 bucks, still rego'd but engine seized. Looks like a good fit..

wooohooo faaaaaark yeah westy.

Latest posts

Back