$600 mini 110, you get what you pay for! GEARBOX PROBS

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrvkv6

Reaction score
i finally got my 110cc dirt bike seemed good when i got it, but it came without a gearlever.
the chain that comes on these bikes is the worst quality i have ever seen it stretches that much after riding for about 10 min that it comes off the sprockets.

engine has good power but the gearbox is crap im not sure if it has a selector problem or if thats the way these cheap bikes are. it seems to have 2 neutrals and i pretty much have to stop to get third or fourth gear.

Anyone else had these problems??
anyone know what the prob is??

oh and its a loncin engine

the gearing goes N-1-2-3-4-N-1-2-3..... our 2 110cc dirt bikes are faultless never had a problem with parts it said in the book that u need to gun the motor before changing gears this is not needed ours works good
people think the loncin motors are the best :shock: its a cheap chinese motor same as all the others :roll:
engine has good power but the gearbox is crap im not sure if it has a selector problem or if thats the way these cheap bikes are. it seems to have 2 neutrals and i pretty much have to stop to get third or fourth gear.
are u going down hill when this happens? if u have more rear wheel spin than throttle open the gears wont change unless u get the rear wheel turning quicker than your moving (load the rear wheel before changing gears)

ill give that a try (changing gears under load) ive been backing off the throttle before trying to change gears.
it happens all the time not just going downhill.

i thought it might have something to do with the swingarm being out of alignmet which means that the chain cant be adjusted properly. its either too tight or too loose and without a chain guide at the rear sprocket the chain tends to come off after every couple of rides. but im sure a chain tensioner will fix that.

ill give that a try (changing gears under load) ive been backing off the throttle before trying to change gears.
you need to gun the motor than quickly back off the throttle change gears than back o nthe throttle it would also be a good idea to check the oil level in the motor both of ours were way over full well over the full mark on the dipstick
thought it might have something to do with the swingarm being out of alignmet which means that the chain cant be adjusted properly.
make sure your rear wheel spacers are on the correct sides

make sure your rear wheel spacers are on the correct sides

hahaha yeah im positive the sprockets are aligned properly, what i mean by the swingarn being out of alignment is that the pivot point is too high in relation to the front sprocket making the chain looser and tighter when the swingarm goes up and down

chains always go tight when ur sitting on it mate.. happens to every bike wether it be chinese CAG or european KTM.

jrvkv6 said:
hahaha yeah im positive the sprockets are aligned properly, what i mean by the swingarn being out of alignment is that the pivot point is too high in relation to the front sprocket making the chain looser and tighter when the swingarm goes up and down

All motorcycles with swingarms/rear suspension are like that and the greater the suspension travel, the harder it is to get the chain tension correct. Ideally the pivot would be at the same point as the front sprocket which would solve the problem but the trouble is, the front sprocket gets in the way :lol:

The correct way to tension the chain on a road bike is to adjust it so there is about 25mm free play when you're sitting on the bike (therefore compressing the suspension slightly). With my old IT250, because it has a lot more travel (and uses all of it when going over jumps etc) it needs more slack than that. Try adjusting your chain a bit and then bouncing up and down on the bike to see if it gets too tight at any point in the travel and if it does, adjust it a bit and test again. Probably better to have it a little bit lose rather than a bit tight...

the pivot point is too high in relation to the front sprocket making the chain looser and tighter when the swingarm goes up and down
like i said the pivot point is out of whack which causes the chain to become too tight or too loose (the swingarm movement effects on the chain tension should be alot less than it is)

The correct way to tension the chain on a road bike is to adjust it so there is about 25mm free play when you're sitting on the bike (therefore compressing the suspension slightly). With my old IT250, because it has a lot more travel (and uses all of it when going over jumps etc) it needs more slack than that. Try adjusting your chain a bit and then bouncing up and down on the bike to see if it gets too tight at any point in the travel and if it does, adjust it a bit and test again. Probably better to have it a little bit lose rather than a bit tight...

i tryed having the chain a little looser, it comes off the sprockets, ive tryed haveing it a little tighter, it just stretches and comes off the sprockets.

i dont think i can fix this problem until i get a better quality chain(which will have minimal stretch)

Latest posts

Back