70build? where to start?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Considering starting a Jap crf70 build, not sure where to start!
Whether its buying a stock 70 complete or starting from ground.

What frames can be used? stock strengthened?
what suspension/swingarm etc

Also what motors do people usually put it these things?

If anyone has any 70 parts whether their stock or aftermarket, please let me know!

any info would be great thanks

In my opinion i would build it from ground up. because if you buy a complete you will have to pretty much buy everything new anyway!! i was thinking about buildinng a crf70 a while back, and i found the best frame to be the billetware crf70 frame, pretty pricey though but super tough!!

http://www.billetware.com/index.php...facturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=27

If i was you id get that frame, get a crf70 motor and bore and stroke it up!!! or any pitbike motor ( ie pitster pro 160 ho, daytona 150 ) will bolt right in because pitbike motors use crf70 style engine mounts! but a jap 70 motor will be the most reliable!!

Yer they look to be a good frame but if your going jap, get everything jap including engine in mo.

Try rocking a Reeg frame, a rarety nowadays though

Thanks for the feedback, i was thinking something the lines of a Tb 117 stroker. and definitely will need to find a aftermarket frame, because the stock frames will need the rake angle changed..

So I'd need to keep a look out for a used one.
I think suspension will be the hardest to do. finding 70 Zokes etc

thanks very much

Apparently the billetware frames rake where never changed , have seen alot of people change the rakes on there billetware/reeg frames .

What i would do .

SSR 70 frame - chinese but designed in the u.s.a by someone that knows what he was doing / fixed rake / top shock mount already on it / and there fairly cheap.

Then a BBR +5 rearend setup .

70 zochies

And probably settle for a daytona 150 for the price/ simpleness rather then having to build a complete honda engine , that would blow the budget a heep , if you wanted it to keep up in a 12" race class.

pic of above setup
with 10-12 wheels..

002.jpg

Tina Harwood from Dirt Dolls has a 70 for sale......

ITEM | CRF 70 CUSTOM BUILT MINIBIKE

MOTOR
- 119cc Daytona d.o.h.c (double over head cam)
- 4 speed box
- Daytona 5 disc manual clutch
- New top end kit with valves
- New 26ml vm carbi
- New hd cam chain

BIKE
- Standard crf 70 frame - Professionally strengthened
- Marzochi front end
- Fab front wheel
- Red barron rear rim with hd spokes
- Formula brakes
- Protaper handel bars + grips
- Red barron throttle, gas cap + pegs
- Reeg mx seat + rear brake leaver
- Billetware swing arm
- Ishock rear suspension

Motor needs toykyo mod ignition

PRICE | $4500.00 ONO REGRETFUL SALE!!!
PICK UP ONLY

392237_2639034100827_1404758348_33095982_1853917063_n.jpg

pretty $$$ though...

thanks for all the suggestions guys,

Yes I've seen that before, basically what I'm after, except I'm not sure what it would be like riding with the rake. Also you don't get the same feeling when you build from scratch.

Guess she's wouldn't be interested in splitting? would be all over that front end and motor...

Considering starting a Jap crf70 build, not sure where to start!
Whether its buying a stock 70 complete or starting from ground.

What frames can be used? stock strengthened?
what suspension/swingarm etc

Also what motors do people usually put it these things?

If anyone has any 70 parts whether their stock or aftermarket, please let me know!

any info would be great thanks

I would focus most of my attention at the frame and suspension before more power... Most people are so focused on going faster but they don't realize the bike itself restricts them from going fast.. Same thing as on a big bike.. Suspension work is more important then power most of the time.

Latest posts

Back