85cc big wheel 2 stroke as an adult mini?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dessy

Reaction score
G'day,

For whatever reason I am keen to revert to my younger years and get a 2 stroke play bike. Taller seat, taller bars and heavier weight springs and away I go. Is it that simple? Seat to peg distance too small even with a tall seat (I am 185cm tall and about 80kg)? Will a small capacity 2 stroke be a pain to ride after the last 10 years on a 4 stroke? Should I just spend an extra $1000ish and get a CRF150R? Not even sure why I have such a strong desire to get a 2 stroke again, any one else being drawn to 2 strokes? KTM300 was the top selling KTM model a couple of years ago so I am not the only one.

I love mucking around on minis so before you say buy a 125/250 full size bike I am really keen on a mid size.

FYI I curently have a Motovert Pro 125 and a KTM450EXC.

What do you reckon?

The 85's power isn't really an issue, especially in the dirt. I don't have any trubs with mine but I am 65kg/165cm... LOL. You will definitely need springs.

And yes two strokes are the shizz!! If I sell my 85 tard I'll be getting an sx250 or 300 exc to race the big Supermoto's with!!

I currently ride a CRF250r as my big bike. Have a KTM85 aswell that I love having a thrash around on. I'm 20 years old, not sure how tall and about 55kgs so I have never changed anything but my brother rides it and has a lot of fun on it too and he would be 6 foot.

I love the 85, am unfortunately selling it at the moment due to still living at home and having 10 bikes, parents arent too happy.

There is a CR85 for sale near me, I'll go and check it out. Still not sure about power delivery though. My Motovert has a 125 Daytona engine which is pretty peaky for a 4 stroke but I suspect the 85 2 stroke will be another league all together. Not sure where I ride or my skill level will cope with a super narrow power band.........still want one though, why let common sense get in the way.

Latest posts

Back