88 rebuild ???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimini

Reaction score
hey, a rebuild only really compys to new,
piston,rings,clips,pins and gaskets. is that right ?
do cams get worn out and loose performance ? or replacing that wont do anything ?

just curious to know what is involved in a rebuild and what complys to one in parts etc... thanks

yes top end rebuild generally consists of a new piston, rings, gaskets and honing the cylinder. cam's dont need replacing due to wear, some cases you may only need to hone the cylinder, new rings and gaskets. pistons dont need replacing as often unless they are damaged scratched/scuffed etc

awk, cheers mate, i was looking it up and seen the kit and didnt have cam so i wasnt sure, honing, how is that done ?

awk, cheers mate, i was looking it up and seen the kit and didnt have cam so i wasnt sure, honing, how is that done ?

with a hone tool, most bike shops will do it unless ya good on the end of a drill you can do it ya self ;)

awk, im not rebuilding bike until after series, but i was just curious to see whats needed to be done etc... and honing it out, that can be done in 88limited ?

Yer honing is just scratching the cylinder basically so the rings will seal better

awk, thanks mate. will it make much difference, if i didnt do it when i renew piston etc..

Yer rings wont seal , and will basically mean you need another set of rings lol .

Take ya bare cylinder to a moto mechanic or similar and they should do it on the spot for stuff all i would assume ..

I just bought my own , watched some vids on youtube and done it myself.

Cost around $20 i think and just goes on the end of ya drill

awk, yeah a mate of mine is a motorbike mechanic so im sure he'd do that then.

Latest posts

Back