94rm 80clutch

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phenom2955

Reaction score
I traded for a RM 80 the other day in pretty good condition that fires right up and seems to run pretty darn good. However he said the clutch is out, and sure enough it is. The foot shifter is really sloppy and loose but I can shift into gear and back to neutral. The clutch cable and lever on handlebars seem pretty good, looks like he replaced them to try to fix the problem. When I shift to first it does try to go forward but not even enough to take my feet off the ground

I guess why I am posting here is to find put if there is a way to be sure it's just the clutch that's out and not the tranny. Also want to differenciate if it's just the clutch disks and whatnot that need to be changed and not the clutch basket. Also I've never done this before how hard would it be for an inexperienced person to do. Is there anything I can do without new parts to try to fix the issue assuming its not burnt out.

Also on the muffler side were the radiator hose leads into the engine block coolant leaks through the gasket, what would this gasket be called if I were to try to buy a new one.

Thank you.

Latest posts

Back