A few questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHINA-RIDER

Reaction score
I have just got my Atomik Bigfoot 160, I know you guys/girls dont like them, but it felt right for me as I have ridden the nitrous & bifoot prior to purchasing.

Questions

What are the intlet & exhaust vavle settings on the YX160, as the instructions i got said 0.005 for both and I have seen different numbers on MiniRiders?

Are the bigfoot and nitrous the same apart from bigger forks, tires, and rear shock?

Does the bigfoot have a KLX 110 size plastics?

In the future is it worth upgrading the carby to a 26/28 oko, as I have a Mikuni 30mm or how ever you spell the name.

I plan on modding it and turning it into a fairly decent bike.

Yes it has klx style plastics,

The whole frame will be different because it's a klx style bike.

OKO carby would be a good idea, but only a 26mm

Hope you have fun with it buddy

Hope you have fun with it buddy

Plan on it :)

Thanks for your help man.

Awesome site have been reading alot before getting the bike did the pre checks.

Off topic a little but the ammount of crap in the shipping oil was unreal glad i didnt run it until I put some Shell Advance 4T Motobike 15w-40 oil in it.

Plan on it :)

Thanks for your help man.

Awesome site have been reading alot before getting the bike did the pre checks.

Off topic a little but the ammount of crap in the shipping oil was unreal glad i didnt run it until I put some Shell Advance 4T Motobike 15w-40 oil in it.

lol, we all get off topic mate, and speaking bout oil, i use conola oil cos its got less fat in it... i love frying fish on a pan with canola oil :cool:

just jokes mate, yeah well i ran my lifan 125 from when i bort it for absolute yonks with out oil change, only stuffed it when i put new rings in it... yeah thats how it thanked me...

i use castrol active 4t now... :cool: i like it :cool: lol

I rode my one of my bikes for ages with the original oil, didn't do any harm...

I now use motul...

back when I use to ride my PP before I sold her, I use to run her on valvoline XLD premuim <- best stuff!(my opinion)
But If I were you I would drain that oil straight away and change it to a premuim mineral based oil

back when I use to ride my PP before I sold her, I use to run her on valvoline XLD premuim <- best stuff!(my opinion)
But If I were you I would drain that oil straight away and change it to a premuim mineral based oil
Already has:cool::cool:

What are the intlet & exhaust vavle settings on the YX160, as the instructions i got said 0.005 for both and I have seen different numbers on MiniRiders?
.003 inlet .004 exhaust... go and set them NOW!!!.... both my 150 and 160 from atomik had ZERO clearance so set them now before it damages you motor
Are the bigfoot and nitrous the same apart from bigger forks, tires, and rear shock?
pretty on par quality wise but you have a faulty frame and forks :p

In the future is it worth upgrading the carby to a 26/28 oko, as I have a Mikuni 30mm or how ever you spell the name.
the mikuni is rubbish, an OKO 26mm flatslide carby should be high on your list of priorities, awsome performance upgrade and a lot easier to tune and maintain

.003 inlet .004 exhaust... go and set them NOW!!!.... both my 150 and 160 from atomik had ZERO clearance so set them now before it damages you motor

pretty on par quality wise but you have a faulty frame and forks :p

the mikuni is rubbish, an OKO 26mm flatslide carby should be high on your list of priorities, awsome performance upgrade and a lot easier to tune and maintain

Hey DvDRip,
I just put my Atomik Nitrous togeter today and when I checked the clearances, Guess what?
Nothing! Didnt have a hope in hell of getting the feeler guages in there.
Seems to be a trend developing here. Started it after that to warm it up for shipping oil drop and all was good AFTER I set them up properly.
SET YOUR VALVE CLEARANCES PEOPLE. Especially if you bought an Atomik, Seems to be common they need adjusting before you fire them up for the first time.
It only takes 25mins tops.
oldhack.

+ reps for actually taking the advice oldhack.... ;)
most people write it off as too hard then come on here a month later wondering why their bike runs like crap

whats the size of the rear shock in this bike? been looking everywhere and nothing?
cheers lionel

It should be either a 290mm or 300mm. the Atomik Prox big foot runs a 290mm rear shock...

I dont know that size the rear shock is ill go and measure it tomorrow morning, but I'm interested in what would be a good replacement thats not going to blow a hole in my account balance.

What would be a Good front fork replacement as I have heard the tyre can hit the bash plate.
How do you choose front forks, and if they would fit or not. Any tips?

Also is DHZ a good shop to buy from and who should I speak to?

Will be checking vavle clearances sometime this week.

thanks mate, yes definately shop at dhz, speak to ken and tell him what your atfer and he should be able to get a good deal for you, also mention your a member on miniriders. :) whats your price range??

I'm going to do the smaller mods first like handle bars, unifilter, cdi box etc, but I'm just trying to get down a list of parts and if they will fit as I'm new to bikes.
$100-$200 for a rear shock.

Thanks

alright mate sounds good :) will you want your old shock once you have your new one? im very interested in it :)

Hey DvDRip,
I just put my Atomik Nitrous togeter today and when I checked the clearances, Guess what?
Nothing! Didnt have a hope in hell of getting the feeler guages in there.
Seems to be a trend developing here. Started it after that to warm it up for shipping oil drop and all was good AFTER I set them up properly.
SET YOUR VALVE CLEARANCES PEOPLE. Especially if you bought an Atomik, Seems to be common they need adjusting before you fire them up for the first time.
It only takes 25mins tops.
oldhack.

i cant believe i am going to say this but the valve clearance issues are not an atomic issue but a yx issue. no pit bike manufacturer builds their own engines. the shop you buy the bike from should be checking them before it is sold as i do on our 160 bikes. if you buy it boxed you need to do it yourself.

Latest posts

Back