a good tool kit for a nitro rc car.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

$heepy

Reaction score
alright you guys as you would know if you ready the xmas thread. i have got myself a 1/10th scale nitro car. its got a size 15 engine and its a belt driven all wheel drive.

now just wondering what you guys think i should make up a tool box with. ive already got a wrench, glow plug heater, flat head screw driver, filer bottle, all the allen keys needed and a very small spanner (about the length of half of my middle finger.so tiny)

is there anything else i should go out and buy? i know i need to get some more glow plugs.

also cutting the cooling holes in the body? would one 2 inch hole in the front window be enough? it already has on in the rear window with the cooling head stickking out a bit.

heres a pic.
DSC00102.jpg

Hey man, i replied to your thread on RCNT.
Seems like it IS you. I like your car, how does it go??
2 Inch cooling holes will be fine
id say your about covered with your tools etc.
have fun with the car mate, im thinking of getting one, its a GV right?

yea its a gv. ive cut the cooling hole. seems to be fine.

it goes pretty damn well. hit the throttle too hard and you will spin out.

i like it. all i need to do now is to get dad to get himself one and we can race.

also how much do glow plugs cost?

id be inclined to put spare parts in aswell, things like wheel nuts, dog bones, spur gears, spare bearings/bushings, posibly clutch springs and shoes, body pins, a foot of fuel line, a spare air filter(pre oiled), servo horns, various screw, thread lock, maybe 6 AA batteries. super glue is also a handy addition. things like dbl sided tape and velcro also come in handy. its worth the coin purchasing a temp guage, you can then tune your motor for its best performance and know its not running to hot/cold. also a Nitro car should NEVER be run without a fail safe, this will stop the car from taking off WOT should your reciever batteries go flat!! SEEN IT HAPPEN MANY TIMES!!!

its worth doing this to your body clips and using the brightest colour available, make them stand out, it sux loosing body clips!!!
picture316.jpg

when I was running my Savage, I had a large tool box with basiacally an entire truck inside, things like A arms, suspension towers, engine plates. That way I knew if I DID break something, then it was easily replaced then and there. Keep an eSye out for a USED GV model( they are pretty common) and purchase it as a SPARES ONLY veichle.

Thats what Id do..

oh and Australia's Own RC Portal is a GREAT place for info on ANY type of RC. members Aus wide, and more than willing to lend a hand. they also hold annual events such as BBQs, Race Days, Jump comps etc.

oh and glow plugs, around $6-8 depending where you purchase from. OS 8's are pretty much a standard...

also make sure you DO extend the reciver aerial, being would up inside the veichle will give poor reception and runs the risk of a 'run away'

Rather than a single 2 inch hole, consider a number of holes across the entire windscreen, while holes allow cooling they will also increase the drag the body recieves, if its noticable or not will depend on how how well you drive and what you are used to.

nitro-holes.jpg

Last edited:
Glow plugs are about $8 at my 'LHS'
Good to hear the GV's running good, my GV Buggy is unstoppable :D
Your meant to change plugs after break in.
And everything foolspeed said/says is spot on
tape is your friend, so are zip ties, saved my A$$ many times lol

Glow plugs are about $8 at my 'LHS'
Good to hear the GV's running good, my GV Buggy is unstoppable :D
Your meant to change plugs after break in.
And everything foolspeed said/says is spot on
tape is your friend, so are zip ties, saved my A$$ many times lol

like id be wrong! bahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha :D :rolleyes:
spent WAYY to much coin on these buggers to not know whats goin to break etc ;)

like id be wrong! bahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha :D :rolleyes:
spent WAYY to much coin on these buggers to not know whats goin to break etc ;)

Yeah well lets hope $heepy doesnt end up the same lol
Finding out 'the hard way'
Least he has the 'Minriders Rc tech Support' to help him :D

great vigor bv1, force 15 donk... i know these like the back of a book, spare drive belts are essential and i had issues where i would rip apart rear swing arms/ control arms... these are a heavy rc! so most of my accidents ment replacing parts! i also destroyed 3 engines before my warranty was up, i ended up having to buy my forth and have never gone back to force again... i hope for your sake you have deep pockets

id get myself some long body post clips! this way you only have two to loose instead of four, get yourself a hump pack, quick charger, and failsafe to ensure you dont watch your car hit a parked car at full noise! foam tyres are also good for grip on asphalt, and the two speed box made a big gain...

toolbox! well i have tones of things in my tool box! a range of hobby screw drivers both flat and fillips along with hex head screw drivers, lexan scissors and body reamer CA glue i would worry about CA tyre glue if you have foam tyres spare exhaust rubbers (ive forgotten what they are called because i do not use them any more, they are the peace that goes between the header and expansion chamber) its good to have a spare glow ignitor, my lhs sells them for 10 bux! hence why i have so many

umm and think about going electric! so much better...

ok thanks you guys.

my tool box looks like this atm:
1m fuel line
permanant texta
6 batteries
wd40 pen
a large 5 way wrench
zip ties
allens keys
2 spare glow plugs
a paint brush
small pliers
a rag
glow plug heater
glow plug charger
7 screw drivers
cotton buds
small spanner
long body clips
small 4 way wrench.

how much do fail safes cost??? i forgot to ask when i was in the rc shop today.

Failsafes are about 30 more or less..
You seem to be pretty much set in te line of tools
Ive heard things the theforce 25 in my rig was crap, its bloody fantastic so what others say isnt always the case.
They said GV were crap, havent broken a single part!!

Latest posts

Back