a little help with first bike purchace, ta

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUZZ3N

Reaction score
Gday guys, new to the forum, and have searched but I can’t really find any solid info on what im after exactly,

Ill be purchasing my first pitty in the next month or so and ive been looking around but there are so many Dam brands out there now I got no idea what’s good and what will suit my needs so ill list some things and you guys can help me out

Ill be riding this thing hard,

Will be doing the occasional small jumps (ramps no higher than probs a meter)

I weigh 95 kgs, so if I hit a ramp I don’t want the bike snaping under my weight loll

Will I be needing bigger than a 125 pitty to get me actually moving?

Would I be better off building a bike from scratch? Can you buy frames etc or buying one that’s already complete?

Are the china/jap bike quality? I see that you can get pit pros/DHZ bikes for around 1200 which seems cheap for a bike really?

I also have a Braaap store that just opened 10mins away so might go have a look there some time, but just wanted to no some fellow riders info first as at the end of the day there salesmen so will tell u anything..

Cheers and look forward to the response

Regards,

Matt.

Last edited:
First up Matt, welcome to miniriders.. :)
Second... Language... there are a few kids on here, sensitive types, homos etc, so please, keep the language clean..

Ok, as far as bikes go, china bikes will never get to the point of quality that the japs do... otherwise we'd be paying $4000 for a pitty...
There are some good ones out there though...
Your best bet for a cheap pity, of reasonable quality that will take a fair thrashing, would be a DHZ 140 Outlaw... You can find them pretty easy on ebay, and dont let the cheap price fool you into thinking they are crap... Ken at DHZ just has a great business going, and sells good bikes at excellent prices, and his aftersales service is very very good...

jap bike are quality, yamaha, honda, suzuki, kawasaki etc.
china bikes can vary from complete garbage to high end race machines, just depends how much you have to spend and if you do your research.

gday mate, thanks for the fast response, ive edited my post for those that dont like a little language lol.

that was the bike that was so far most appealing to me atm for the value for money factor

all good mate, cheers for editing your post, some can be a bit "difficult" about it when we ask it be kept clean... Appreciated.. :)

Yeah the 140 Outlaw is probably the best "Bang for your Buck" bike out there, some will disagree with me, but that's my opinion on the matter.. The frames are pretty bulletproof, the Lifan 140's are strong reliable motors, with lots of go-fast tricks out there...
I've built basically a copy of the Outlaw from the ground up, but with "better" bits and pieces, and didnt have much change from $3k...
so yeah, better to just buy a completed bike, unless you are an old hand, and know exactly what bits you want, and what bits will fit... :)

If I was to buy another pitty, Id buy a Crf50... But if your not looking to spend that much id definatley go with the DHZ 140 Outlaw. Just my Opinion.

no probs mate, im on a few other forums with enough garbage so wont fill this one up with it ;)

yer looks like ill most likely grab the outlaw, and do a few small mods on it

hey bud i have a week old motovert expert, still on its 1st tank of fuel, recepts, warrenty, 1800, save a 1000 bucks, and the 140cc yx engine will move u along no worries

hey bud i have a week old motovert expert, still on its 1st tank of fuel, recepts, warrenty, 1800, save a 1000 bucks, and the 140cc yx engine will move u along no worries

week old? y u selling it???... lol

im an idiot to put it simply! bikes perfect! even if it isnt perfect, warrenty would make it perfect again for free!

Latest posts

Back