A quick test of my new Bullet HD 2 camera

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boingk

Reaction score
Heres my short video of the Bullet HD 2:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KNi4MnbA_ko" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pasted from video description:

A quick test of my new Bullet HD 2 camera, onboard my Honda VTR1000F.

Overall picture quality seems quite reasonable when viewed on my desktop - capture rate is claimed at a full 30fps at a standard resolution of 1280 x 720. The fixed lens is a fisheye style arrangement and seems a good compromise in terms of field of view vs. distortion.

Windnoise is a bit more than I would like but apparently can be reduced with the waterproof mount which encloses the rear of the unit that contains the microphone.

Mounting was fairly straightforward but needed a little bit of thinking to work the provided 'camcorder' mount - it needs adjusting via a captive tube and a locknut system. It is very secure once locked but an easier and more precise method could have been employed. Having said that it took only one testrun beforehand and one adjustment to get the orientation I wanted, which is very good.

Using the camera is easy, especially when wearing full bike gear (helmet, gloves etc). There is only one button and it gives vibrative feedback. You hold to turn the camera on, 1 long buzz. One press to record, 1 short buzz. One press to stop recording, two short buzzes. Hold again to turn off, two long buzzes.

Very easy, very intuitive and no doubt about what mode its in even when wearing a helmet and gloves and unable to see the device - you can hear the buzzing quite well through a helmet and feel it easily in your hands.

Functions include video capture, static capture (a 12MP image every 3 seconds) and webcam - drivers for webcam mode can be downloaded from the company site. Recording time in video mode is quoted as 125min on a fully charged battery.

The good bits are the supplied extras*, ease of use and price - easily available for under $90AUD posted.

The not-so-good bits are windnoise over about 30kmh/20mph and poor tolerance of low lighting conditions (eg inside with blinds down).

If you're looking for a GoPro-style action camera on a budget then this one could definitely be for you. Overall I'd give this camera a high rating, four out of five stars.

---------------------

* Supplied extras include a standard/camcorder mount, rollbar/overhead mount, pad/handlebar mount, 6x adhesive stickers, 2x hook-loop straps, waterproof cap with O-rings & silicon grease, 2x batteries (3.7v 850mAh LiPo), USB cable and safety strap. Phew!

Last edited:
That doesn't look half bad. Although it phylically looks like something they'd use on one of "those" POV internet videos :p
125565453-260x260-0-0_rollei+bullet+hd+2+camera.jpg

Yeah, for $85 posted its awesome.

The thought had indeed crossed my mind that it looked like something a bit suss... but hey, its compact and waterproof!

:D

- boingk

Latest posts

Back