a sad post from my blackberry

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

140_addict

Reaction score
:coolthumb:We just left the track... Sound exciting?

My frame is toast... Pics to come soon... And a rebuild again....

Haha. The bug never ends.. I'm happy that crap china frame went clink.... Time for billetware... Haha!

Here they are as i said....

Remember how i was trying to get suspension advice?

well i will show you why....

I was hitting the jumps in 4th and topping the bike at the lip to keep the front end up...

well i bent the bedazzles off the bike and its been placed 6ft under... Bike is Dead...

Everything on her is salvageable except the (Frame and Rear Shock)

Pice of the damage done....

IMG00535.jpg

IMG00533.jpg

IMG00532.jpg

The Swingarm itself looks to be ok but the shock.... is toatled.... bent like a hooker...

and the frame cracked at a weld and began to split

looks like you have been doing some big flat lands, jump to jump should do that

if the frame hasn't bent anywhere else then its repairable, doesn't look like it would be hard either.
sub frame looks bent too

yes hillz... it was created by the china people who slaved hard for thier 1 bowl of rice to make that puppy.... LOL

yeah ive been thinking if i try to repair the frame it will only break again becasue of the tracks that i ride... they are not ment for mini's lol.... full size MX and SX tracks..... they jumps i attempt to clear but well... some are huuuge tables and yeah i land flat....

I would like to rebuild it with new forks... swingarm... frame... and Elka in the rear... but this is gonna pretty much be the project for winter.... cant shell the money right this second or trust me you would know about it lol...

would like to keep it as high as i can too... i like having my 32" seat height... any ideas on where abouts i could get a decent frame setup? looking to spend about 600$ on the frame alone .... thats what ive guesstimated it would cost around for a decent twintube...

I just kinda had my summer fun and well damnit im addicted so i wont let her die !!!!!!!!!!!!! =D

EDIT

how about this? opinions are much appreciated....

Reeg MX Standard Chassis Kit for CRF70 - Reeg MX - Pit Bike Parts

that item is out of stock but a good looking setup for the money...

other then that i found this frame....

Billetware Sportsman Series III Cradle Frame for CRF70 - FREE SHIPPING

or this frame....

Sano Cradle Frame for CRF70 - FREE SHIPPING

I cant really find much else for a CRF70 frame...

Last edited:
that is a TOP effort mate i dont think i have ever seen a shock in that condition before....

thats nearly worth throwin it up on ur wall!!

that is a TOP effort mate i dont think i have ever seen a shock in that condition before....

thats nearly worth throwin it up on ur wall!!

dude i tried so hard for being new to the game and being 24.... some guys at this age fully understand they CAN get hurt and get afraid..... I was NOT afraid... i was anxious... i wanted to hit everything full bore..... and well... that chinga couldnt handle the hits I delivered....

THIS ALSO GOES TO SHOW..... if you pay 800$ for a bike brand new.... it WILL NOT handle a track... sure you can still go and roll the jumps if you want to keep it in good shape..... but if you do jump... be careful... at any given time on any landing something could fail and get you hurt....

I fully understand that it was my fault the bike is now toatled for the summer... It was I that twisted that throttle ;)

edit:

It does still ride ok on the street lol.... i got an itch today and had to hear it runing again and went for a cruise ;) frame still holds up for neighborhood rides but needs a major upgrade before we hit the track next spring =)

AND.... im gonna restores this baby and keep her.... maybe frame that shock and take a pic for dub LOL!

but I really want to get a KTM 85sx 2 stroke for a second fun/track bike.... could the 85 still be setup to suit a bigger rider?

im about 138lbs and 6'0"

opinions?

Another Edit:

lol.... you know you got it bad when you cant stop looking at your toy and know its broke and wish you could just go fix it and hit the track.... look at the wear in that kick start shaft.... paints almost gone ! lol hahaaaa this summer has been one hell of a ride =D and when you smile after breaking your frame.... good feeling =) better mods are comming !!

Last edited:
hey minifighter dosent that swingarm and rear shock and frame look familar??

i have broken a DNM shock before it stripped out from the bottom luckily i didnt go off some huge jump when i done it

i have broken a DNM shock before it stripped out from the bottom luckily i didnt go off some huge jump when i done it

mine is bent like it didnt compress fast enough on a landing... as for the "look familiar"

i have a few shots of the bike BONE STOCK.... from the box for reference :coolthumb:

3-l.jpg

4-l.jpg

that was bone stock....

and this is after the 140 and upgrades.... and also what i was riding against trying to compete with lol.... and the 140 did an impressive job at keeping up too !

IMG00402.jpg

IMG00521.jpg

considering where you are located and the type of riding your doing i'd be sussing out the medina range of bikes.

but by the sounds of the jumps your hitting your gonna destroy any frame, no frame is made to handle massive flat lands..

Gen 4 Page hit them up they sell these as rollers and are fairly well priced.. much like the revmx over here but in crf70 style..

hehe yep sure does but as most of you know 2 out of 3 of them things are now gooooone (swinger and rear shock)

Annnnnd because i bought mine specifically for a motard build i think my frame will be more then fine :flipa:

hehe yep sure does but as most of you know 2 out of 3 of them things are now gooooone (swinger and rear shock)

Annnnnd because i bought mine specifically for a motard build i think my frame will be more then fine :flipa:

yah no doubt.... motard would kick arse with this frame.... it is light and built cheap, but dose not mean it wont hold up to a decent holeshot on the street.... I do love the way these pitty's take corners.... lean that bike way over and just give her all she's got.... feel that tire break loose trying to grab onto something.... LOVE IT

Sean that Medina stuff looks HAWT !! but it doesn't have any links to products... LOL

I dont always land flat :p I know that in some cases when landing flat its best to set the rear tire down first and throttle before the front end SMACKS the ground in an effort to lightly set down the front end..... does not always work ..... and for that my frame went POP lol

Do you guys think that i would be better off with a big brand bike?

I.E. KTM, Yamaha, Kawi, or Honda?

if i do go that route i would like to go with a 2 stroke.... I know they can be high maintenence but thats the thing.... I LOVE workin on my bike !!! so i'm not to scared to twist a wrench....

I just feel that they have frames that where built much better and if you buy the correct type of brand bike they would hold up better????

still need opinions and from you guys... they are much appreciated...

I still gotta say that i love this place and all you guys for being supportive of anyone that grabs a mini and wants a go !!!

- Cheers
- Addict

email medina mate.. theyll look after you..
a few members here have emailed them in the past regarding selling just a roller bike and they were more than happy to help out..

now big or small, hmmm this isnt an easy question mate.. this all comes down to personal preference..
i myself have the best of both worlds as do a lot of others here..

and to be honest there both 2 totally different riding styles, but if your riding with big bikes then maybe you should look at getting one cause you only going to rape the ass out of a mini..

and any brand will be fine as along as its been looked after..and every brand has its pros and cons..

2 bangas are completly different bikes, there was a point not so long ago when i wanted to go the 2smoke route but i have thought and thought and 4's and the thing i think, less maintenance, quicker acceleration but a bit heaver, and unless your doing freestyle i dont think you need this... i know many motocross racers and most of them ride 2 bangas now but more than half of them are changing some point this year, and if you wanted to fork out the extra cash then you could go with a crf50-70/klx110-140 so on... there are many more cheaper mods for these to get the bike how you want it.
food for thought ;)

Latest posts

Back