abit of advice wont go astray.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cp_jake

Reaction score
im on quite a budget at the moment but im looking too pick up a new mini.

in the past 6 monthes ive gone thru quite a few bikes.

im after something cheap and fun so ive been looking at the 50cc ebay special shitboxes
i cant afford anything spectacular atm since my works decreased down too no hours.

MOTORBIKE AUTOMATIC DIRT BIKE MOTOR PEEWEE 50 50cc NEW - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 09-Jul-09 18:31:35 AEST)

thats the badboy ive been looking at,
question is would i be better off buying a 2nd hand cheapo 125/150 etc or going with the 50 until it breaks?

i know theyre shit quality.

i just need too think within my budget.

it you raise your budget to $600 you can get an atomik 125/140 new. they're not great but if that's all you can spend it'll do the job

yeah i was sussing them. it all comes down too whatever i can find for the cheapest.
id rather swap one of my cars for a bike but yeah thats out of my power haha.

would it take alot too make one of those ebay 50s capable of taking a beating?

yeah ive had a look at them and theyre definetly on the list.
i had a threeamigos 125 widowmaker that i paid 80 bucks for

gave it a full top end rebuild and got the thing upto brand new condition but still all i had was problems.

i like the look of the smaller bikes.
i suppose being 6'5" its not exactly practical.

ive been told not too buy chinese bikes 2nd hand as theyre usually on theyre last legs. but theres some cheapies around.
would it be wise too steer clear?

if you like the smaller bikes have a look at the pitpro 110 it runs 10" rims and looks decent.
I wouldn't touch a second hand china unless they were basically giving it away, like no more than $100. There's just too many potential problems.
threeamigos are dodgy bastards, worst in aus btw

yeah theyre pretty decent.

haha yeah bloke i was living with paidd top dollar for the bike and sold it too me like 3 monthes later for 80 bucks.

nowhere else around my area really have cheap bikes.
if im after a bigbike i can get something decent.

i also had a kx85 and that thing was alot of fun.
would it be a better idea quality wise too go for a brand such as kawasaki?
like a old kx60 or something?

yea of course a jap bike would be better quality but it seems like you need to figure out what ya want, you just any bike you can find or what? crf50's/klx110's seem to be the best jap mini's with unlimited amounts of mods available, you could pick one up for around 1k.
check out east50's if you live close enough, they'll help you out and won't screw you like 3amigo's would.
but yea If you really can only spend $500 I'd go the atomik 125, if you want something tiny and you can spend a bit more then pitpro 110.

atm i just wanna ride haha im not too fussed,
thats why im asking questions so that i can sort thru the shit and figure out what i want.
those pitpros seem alright,
cheers for the advice mate.

looks like im getting my old 3amigos bike back.
mj0oba.jpg

is there anything good about these bikes at all haha?

yeah ...laughing at someone else riding one :D

haha good call.

it used too be mine and i payed $80 for it,actually is a quick bike.
didnt handle jumping too well and everytime id ride id lose swingarm bolts

but........

its gotta be better then nothing right?

Latest posts

Back