Adelaide Mini Motard

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuts 4 50s

Reaction score
So,

I have been talking with bradisfun about starting up some mini motard tracks around Adelaide.

Possible places:

Pt Gawler Go- kart track.
Victoria park race track, this is unlikely because its no windey enough.

Were really keen on starting some mini tarding in Adelaide.

Let us know if your all for it.

So suggest any tracks where it would be possible to ride at, and any imput would be appreciated.

Last edited:
You could always road trip over to Warrnambool for ride days there... If Pete (No_Crf50) can manage a trip from QLD, you should be able to cruise over from Adelaide (it's only 600km) ;)

HEy guys if you are really keen on this kind of thing, there are a few Pocket bike guys that come over from Adelaide to Warrnambool to race.

In 2 weeks, there is a 'State of Origin' Challenge between SA and Vic that is being held at a go-kart track in SA, I think Tailem Bend?

But have a look through here and give Brendan the President a call and he will tell you all the details. Also who to contact in SA that orgainises all the rides and races.

You could always road trip over to Warrnambool for ride days there... If Pete (No_Crf50) can manage a trip from QLD, you should be able to cruise over from Adelaide (it's only 600km) ;)

Yeah, Im only 16 and i dont have a car, i would have to get the rents to drive us. I cant se that happening.

Does anyone know if they ride tards at Pt Gawler mx track?

HEy guys if you are really keen on this kind of thing, there are a few Pocket bike guys that come over from Adelaide to Warrnambool to race.

In 2 weeks, there is a 'State of Origin' Challenge between SA and Vic that is being held at a go-kart track in SA, I think Tailem Bend?

But have a look through here and give Brendan the President a call and he will tell you all the details. Also who to contact in SA that orgainises all the rides and races.

Yeah sounds good i probably would ride, because i still need to put my bike back together and buy rims and tyres.

I might go out and have a look though. +1

Be good to organise a race day out pt gawler soon. Where can i buy rims and race tires from for mini bikes?

If this is the joint you're talking about, I'm pretty sure they have already had pocket bikes racing at the track.. Don't see a problem with them letting motards ride if there's enough people. But saying that, some go kart tracks won't allow 4t on the track.

PortGawler.jpg

Some go kart tracks don't allow 4 strokes, because of the oil they can drop I'm pretty sure.

o right, thought you meant something to do with the tires haha, cheers mate. ill deffs talk to them next time im up there

If this is the joint you're talking about, I'm pretty sure they have already had pocket bikes racing at the track.. Don't see a problem with them letting motards ride if there's enough people. But saying that, some go kart tracks won't allow 4t on the track.

PortGawler.jpg

That's a nice layout - ! That long bend would eat some knee pads ha ha

Ive put up three or four threads about mini tardn' at tailem bend, and no responses...... rode there last week. It was only me riding with the big bikes... if there is more people 5-10 we could have our own session.
Its at the Tailem Bend motorsports park.
Got my 1 piece suit coming this week. Ill call brendan and see what the go is.

Nickstart.png

I better start saving for some minitard rims and tyres. :)

Im thinking Pt Gawler, Ill give em a call this weekend and figure out what their rules and regulations are.

seems like a good idea, ide definetally pick up some tyres and rims and convert my vert into a tard, why not try use the old "port elliot pits" track now the go kart club has shut down? i beleive they did race pocket bikes there at one stage....

The pocket bike community run a few track days at nuriootpa and monarto track. But only two stroke allowed by the owners of the tracks... I believe GRNMAN is trying to get a track open for mini tards but is finding it very hard to do.

Tailem bend Motorsport park is now holding days first sunday of every second month, starting in Feb 2011. Its a track and we can ride on it! There is no restrictions on bikes, eg nothing needs to be wired or locked. Full leathers is preferred, but i did ride with moto pants and a road jacket, as in the photo above. Now full leathers for me :)

IMG_3191.jpg

Im sure if there a 5 or so mini's we could have our own 15min sessions.

Latest posts

Back