Adjusting Shox

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwikaz

Reaction score
hey guys whats the deal with the nut ontop of the rear shocker i can not screw it down to make my rear shok stiffer ? how would one do this , does one need a tool to do this?? and also i got front forks with these knobs on top that you turn left or right to slow the forks and stiffn but when i turn them i dont see a difference, i must admit i am clueless to the whole adjustable forx thing so i need all my mini bike friends to pull me out the shiyt once again thanx boys :p :p

yes,you do need a tool to adjust that shok of your bike,that tool should be include when you buy your motocycle,and the fork problem is depend on what bike you ride~

atomik proX 250cc

i ride an atomik proX 250cc its got adjustable shox ..

The proper way to do it would be to take the shock out and use a vice (put a rag around to shock to protect it) to loosen the lock ring then wind the adjusting ring down or up depending on whether you want to increase preload or reduce. In my ebay bikes I just leave the shock in and use a screwdriver with a bit of rag on tip and make the adjustments but it does scratch the so called Anodising of the rings. but who cares really.

You can only adjust the damping on forks with the easy adjusters preload is lot harder.

Latest posts

Back