Advantages of angled air filters?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unit_mx

Reaction score
im in the market for a new airfilter for my dirt scooter and was planning on a uni filter anyway theres straight pods and angled pods ,whats the advantage of a angled pod filter? sorry if its obvious.cheers for the help

Doubt there is any advantage, its just a different shape incase the straight one doesn't fit because of something in the way.

no advantages its just angled so the don't get squished by the engine mounts also they look a bit better

I'm guessing the angled one's are so the air filter doesn't stick out and brush on your leg if the carby is not horizontal with the engine. And I'm guessing that the straight pod's are used when the carby is horizontal with the engine? I don't imagine there would be any performance gains between the two.

my angle air filter seems to get less splash on it from wen i had my straight 1 coz the angled 1 is tucked away more... besides that n the angle of the airfilter advantage i cant think of any more

Latest posts

Back