after a chain for my Chinese pitbike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slickncghia

Reaction score
G'day guys

I've had this little play bike in the shed for a long time

It's seen better days but the engine is new

It didnt have a chain when I acquired it. I tried to purchase one online once and found it was completely the wrong size.

Can anyone point me in the direction for a chain for this type of bike with this style gearbox /sprockets

I can grab the exact measurements if this isn't an easy question.
This is the type since I can't upload pics

Thanks for any replies.

m.made-in-china.com/product/710935525

Last edited:
Gmx dirt bikes sell them mate.

420 and 428 pitched chains are used on pretty much all chinese pitbikes. iirc, that bike runs a 420 ?

There's a gearbox. By which I mean one of those 3 to 1 reducers. Its from what I understand a "CAG " engine if that helps

do you have a bike chain breaker ?
or have you ever had to grind the head off one of the link pins to shorten a chain ?

if your answer is yes to either question, i would just buy a 138 link chain and cut it down to suit.

just make sure your wheel is adjusted as far forward as possible, before you go to measure it.

I've replaced chains on full sized motorbikes before. Using angle grinder and either master link or ball peen hammer

I'm mostly unsure of the width of the chain rather than how many links. the width /link size is what I'm unsure of

Thanks to all the responses I measured it as aT8FChain.
Needing ~126 links. So I jumped on eBay and grabbed a 128 (which will fit if the Axel is back a little) and a couple of masterlinks incase I need to shorten it.

Thanks again for the tips. I'll post it running when the chain arrives

FYI. Just cleaning my garage as I'm getting ready to move house and I found the old chain that I incorrectly purchased
it was a 25h. Too small in every way

Latest posts

Back