After a WASH

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antdog07

Reaction score
hEY PPL IM NEW TO THE SITE

well i washed my thumpster the other day normaly do after a ride.
and went to start it the next morning and it just didnt want to even kick over i dunno whats the matter with it and it is really thrustrating any one got any ideas?????? thanks

you might have water in the carby did u put a bag over ur air filter??

Nah i didnt even think of that. what would be the best thing to do now?????

take your carby off and get all the water and everything out and take off your airfilter and squeeze all teh water out wat type of bike and airfilter is it? foam?

Yeah it is a foam air filter.. it sounds like it wants to go but just cant i have changed the spark plug, oil , ignition box.. what else after that if the carby thing dont work???

magneto?? some ppl say it dosent matter if it gets wet but still

id dry teh air filter and clean out teh carby first and see wat happens

thanks dude give that a try tomorrow .. cheers .. let u know how i go

Have you checked for spark??? If theres spark try spraying a couple of shots of wd40 into the barrel and it should start.

Hey daniel 40
tryed cleaning the carby out no luck even drained the old petrol and put new one in still no luck...
Motoluver what do do u mean the barrel where is that ???

pull the spark plug out of the motor and place it back into the plug and hold the spark plug next to the exhaust. and kick it over. make sure it is incontact with metal other wise it won't earth thus it won't spark. you may also have a blocked jet as this takes only one grain of sand to do. next i would pull the flywheeel cover of and make sure there isn't any water and leave it open for about half an hour out in the sun so as it will evapourate any moisture traped inside.

hope this helps.
callan

Hey everything helps but i think i may have a problem i got no spark what happends now?

Dont touch your carby again. Use the search function and you will find a thread on what to do to chase your problem. If your bike won't start always check the spark first.

where is the cdi i got no clue dude i just want to get the thing going again

Latest posts

Back