Aftermarket performance electrics

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ORION AGB-27

Reaction score
hey all

was wondering about peoples opions on after market electrics , such as cdi and coils?

im not getting a spark so i gotta fnd the source this wkend, anyway is it worth getting after market stuff, will it hold up better in wet weather?

can you even get after market coils?? how many coils do the orions have ...3??

anyway let me know if yourv got any or know anything about aftermarket electrical gear

cheers

View attachment 14

View attachment 15

No its not worth getting aftermarket stuff on a stock bike, if you plan to do engine work etc. then yeh consider it. But a aftermarket CDI is going to cost you approx $100 as opposed to $20 for a standard one, and you can get aftermarket coils but i'm not so sure they would make any difference in power or performance. Orion only has 1 coil. That bottom picture you posted is just a spark plug cap. And no i don't think aftermarket gear would be any better in wet weather, your best bet is to bag and seal all your electrical connections and component. Use sandwich bags with zip ties or something and then plug the ends with some type of grease that won't harm the electrics but keep the water out.

yeah if u want to keep water out just tightly tie a bag around it that should help and as for aftermarket electricals i wouldnt really bother as they will cost more and arent really needed.

mate if you get ur bike started tell me how you did, i got the same problem-no spark and have tryed a new cdi and coil

same with me. it seems alot of ppl on here have the same comon problem.. im not going to bother replacing the coil or anything. i just need someone who has had this same problem who knows what the hell is wrong to make a post.. :(

It's the stator most likely, if a bit of dust or dampness get in it its fucked, or even if it gets a good hard knock it will shit it self. Get a new one and then when you replace the flywheel cover use some gasket glue to seal around it to stop shit getting in.

well my 2nd hand bike is still under warenty:D :D so if it dosent start once all electicals are checked im gona get a new stator and magneto

phillysno1 said:
well my 2nd hand bike is still under warenty:D :D so if it dosent start once all electicals are checked im gona get a new stator and magneto

where can i buy that from? its been 2 weeks since iv even looked at it and i just want to get it running so in my head i havnt wasted money on a minibike that i really didnt need to buy

Hey guys...
The Orions not Sparking is caused by
40% of the time by the stator
45% by wiring loom. the kill switch shorts (try disconnecting the kill switch to isolate just the switch

10% CDI

2% Magneto
2% Fouled spark plug
.05% clients doing something silly
.05% The one problem you never though it be

If you are in Sydney drop in I can have a look...

ok so where can i get a knew stator? please :) i feel like im sortov getting somewhere

i find 100% of the troubles i have with my GT are the killswitch connector. disconnect that and she runs fine, also try disconnecting the ignition and see how you go (only for elimination purposes)

Cheers, Tony.

In most cases the stator will expire on a china before anything else. You can get an aftermarket coil which will put out a stronger spark than any china coil. a kitaco coil will set you back about 75 bucks from boxys. Lead ends fail all the time on chinas too and a good NGK cap will cost you about 10 bucks too. I wouldn't tape up or seal anything electrical because water will ALWAYS get in and if u seal it up it takes longer to dry out. Just make sure you water proof it with either silicon spray or crc and make sure when you do ride in the mud and wash it then clean the joints properly with comp. air.
Good luck

Latest posts

Back