AGB29 125 orion dies on qiuck flick

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennos1983

Reaction score
hey guys, my 125 dies from idle when you give it a quick flick on the throttle. is this normal on most 4 strokes or do i need to get the 102.5 main jet for the mikuni as you guys explained in threads before. i have tried every thing else except coil.Also wonderin,my mates all have the same bikes yet they dont have this problem why is that any help much appreciated.

gee fellas this is a great site,could someone please just tell me if they had this problem and if they used a bigger main jet.If so what size,give me some help im ridin blind here aaaahhhhh

hi bennos welcome to the site,

if your bike is dying from idle to 1/4 throttle its will have nothing to do with the main jet, main jet size matters if you have a problem with 3/4 to full throttle

there is only two things that will make it die from idle to 1/4 throttle and that is your piolet jet or air/fuel mixture screw located under the carby near the front, most pittys have the right size piolet jet so i would say it is the mixture screw
the best way is to screw it all the way in then start the bike an start to screw it out slowly an if you screw it out more the 2 turns i think you need a larger piolet screw but its very hard to get to while its on the bike

so what you do is take the carby off screw the mixture screw in all the way not tight! then screw it out half a turn then put it back on the bike an start it up make sure its warm then see if it still dies, if it does take it offf again an screw it out a quarter turn this time an put it back on the bike an see what happens if its still not right repeat the last step of screwing it out a quarter turn, keep on doing quarter turns until your happy with it

i hope this helps let us know how you go

i think i should post up a carby tuning topic or even better cass you should post up your carby tuning tips is well put together its great stuff

with my AGB29 in stock form it ran great with the stock jetting when cold,
but crap when it's hot, it used to overheat and flame out and give me all kinds of troubles when it got really hot.

I changed to a 102.5 main jet, and adjusted the pilot jet (the screw on the side of the carb) and now it runs incredible when it's hot, but requires choke when it's cold until it heats up.

some people are using 105 main jets, depending where you are and what fuel your using this may be too rich, or may not be.

I am considering changing my pilot jet.. havn't decided what to yet,
as i seem to have to run the current pilot jet in too far to remove any hesitance.

I run BP Ultimate 98 only with a K&N Air Filter.

I would also suggest just buying a can of carby cleaner, (you can get it at supercheap, or even at the petrol station) dropping the carb off and taking off the bowl and giving everything a good clean, this might fix your problems.. I found alot of crap in my carby when I took it apart which was contributing to it running like crap.

Juls

my bike had the same problem...exactly ...i tuned it as good as i possibly could and it stil did it.....the other day i drilled mymain jet out to 1mm and now it goes fine, doesnt die when i give the throttle a quick flick......the larger main jet would be a good investment in my opinion

thanks fellas for the feed back i'll give it a go and get back to you's. i look forward to speaking with you's at a later date.

Latest posts

Back