ah crap pt2

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atomik boy

Reaction score
ok so heres the situation
4 days after putiing my engine in i build some jumps and the last one i built i kept over jumping but the suspension seemed to be holding up well!
but i was coming back for fuel and put the stand down to open a gate and noticed it wouldnt go down properly and after looking all over the bike for something that would cause it and was like "gee f#cks me what it might be..."
then i looked at the shock mount and sure enough sheared off!
silly chinaman knew how to weld everything but that!
sorry about no pics coz there at home and couldnt put em on coz our internet stopped working coz of the modem (STUPID BIGPOND!!!) so ill put em up tommorow if i can remember to put em on my usb.
so yeah my dad has a mig welder and so i just gotta strip it down (again :( )
while im at it im gonna brace the rear shock mount and the frame!
but 1 problem i have stripped one of the allen key bolts holding the shroud on :( any idea how i can get it out?
do i have to get it out to take the tank+seat+plastics off?
pics:
P1000083.jpg

P1000085.jpg

P1000087.jpg

P1000092.jpg

any help would be appreciated!
james
:iamwithstupid:

Last edited:
yep just gonna weld it up!
i noticed a really bad like botteming out sometimes but if i landed with the throttle on as i hit it was fine!
edit:
wow i just looked at the last photo man i look retarded

i really think its time you start mowing some lawns and saving some pennys and upgrading

i really think its time you start mowing some lawns and saving some pennys and upgrading

Maybe start with your own atomik? lol.

Yeah, I seriously can not believe you didn't notice? When I was younger I broke my pw50 frame 3 times from jumping it and I could tell it wasn't right..

I just sold my frame to a user on here, if I still had it I would give it to you.. Probably best to upgrade.

the bike really suits me so im gonna keep it besides im not sure if ill ever be able to let go of it!

how does it suit you??

you keep busting it every ride, and the more your skill increases your just gonna keep breaking it next will more than likely be the back bone of the frame

exactly what brooksy said, i can't believe you didn't notice that when you were riding!
hopefully you can weld the crappy chinese metal...
as for getting the fugged allen bolt out, use some hex allen keys (they look like stars) and bash it in with a hammer, did the trick for me when I bought 2nd hand forks with buggered allen bolts
:)

exactly what brooksy said, i can't believe you didn't notice that when you were riding!
hopefully you can weld the crappy chinese metal...
as for getting the fugged allen bolt out, use some hex allen keys (they look like stars) and bash it in with a hammer, did the trick for me when I bought 2nd hand forks with buggered allen bolts
:)

ok i think you mean tyd
but i was having a heap of fun...
thanks for that tip!
+reps!

ok so i got a frame from my auncle's china bike but the headstem tube it too long!
so we are just gonna weld it up unless i can find another one that'll fit! (he's got 2 and they dont run... for now!)
plus on the other bike there was some bling brake cliper thingys so im transferring them to my bike (yes wank factor) and also i cbf transferring the brake pads coz my last ones died
anyways thanks guys
james

get a new frame bro , cus u have proberly bent or cracked it some were else . other wise weld it up and brace it up a bit

Latest posts

Back