Aidan's 2013 crf50

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DARUDE

Reaction score
(MOVED INTO CORRECT SECTION)

Hey guys and gals,

Sitting in bed bored, so thought I might start a little build thread up :).
I used to be on this forum about 6 years ago when I had a china pitpro rubbish thing haha,

So I lost my car licence the other week, so I sold my little daily car and decided to go buy a crf50 to keep me sane over the next 3 months.

Picked up a 2011 crf50 on Thursday,
Complete stocka except some pro taper bars for a good price,

View attachment 10791

(Mates atomik in the BG which I was fixing)
View attachment 10792

Took it out to my mates property this weekend,
Bike went well all Friday and Saturday besides getting a flat tyer late Saturday arvo

Only thing I found was the protaper bars are not 50 ones, so will have to swap them out for the right ones so my knees stop getting bashed,

And the suspension could hold up for my size( I'm 22 years old and weigh 76kg)

Woke up Sunday and found a spare tube in the garage,

Also found a person selling some parts on Facebook and snatched them up for a good price,

Parts I got were:
Two brothers racing HD front fork kit
FAST50's rev box
BBR gear selector
Extended rear brake leaver

Picked it all up for $200 so seemed pretty good in my eyes?

Here's some pics of parts, and how the bike sits now after the first weekend of riding and playing with it :)

View attachment 10794View attachment 10795View attachment 10796View attachment 10797View attachment 10798View attachment 10799View attachment 10800View attachment 10801

Let us know what you think :)

Picked up a fastace shock today

250lbs (270mm)

Ride feels a lot better not bottoming out on every little bump

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415784786.960902.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415784802.710628.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415784815.148862.jpg

They are a good buy for the money, im running the same shock in my eldest boys bike.

Very good buy for the money! I was very suprised about the quality and performance of it, very pleased,

Also went and picked up new crf50 protaper high rise bar kit and a new kenda Millville front tyer

Pro taper high rise bar kit purchased and installed :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416040921.686194.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416040937.357894.jpg

Wheels painted black and new tyer on front :) very happy with how much better black wheels look

Rear one is just Matt black base coat for now because I ran out of gloss black :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416131775.584977.jpg

Almost done with modding the bike,,

Just after a black high rise seat and maybe change stickers and plastics.

Time to get some riding done on it,
Going to ride appin track this weekend in Sydney, see how she goes, should hold up good and do the job :) I hope

If I get bored of the bike or it's not performing on track how I want it too, I'll start saving for an 88kit and clutch kit, not gonna be doing anything crazy on it, just having some fun :)

Let us know what you's think, any pointers for me I'm open to listen to your guys knowledge as I'm still new to all this

Orderd some bits from DHZ today, gf's picking them up whilst I'm at work, what a darl

Got a

Tall seat
Uni filter
39 tooth rear billet sprocket
DID chain

Bit of an update, well not really

Changed colours of frame and stuff again, looks okay I guess

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419932270.856693.jpg

Orderd some sik50's graphics, yet to sort out some new plastics to chuck them on

Orderd a BBR 88cc kit Flat Top Piston one with the cam and carby and throttle assembly etc

Also picked up a +2 sano swing arm for $100

:) will post some more pics when bits arrive

Latest posts

Back