air boxes???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brad199

Reaction score
hey just wondering what kind of air boxes people are using whether its off another bike or fully custom as im about to knock one up...any pics would be good got the 26 oko flatty carby pretty sure the filter side is 45mm

Hey brad,
I did really want a air box when i was riding trail i was just sick of my filter always getting so dirty and having to change it and worrying every time i go through a decent size puddle lol. I got a air box from a chinga 250 and was going to cut it down just make it smaller but i didnt think its really possible with a crf50 style frame. After thinking i thought about cutting a whole in my frame running a induction pipe into it. Then on the front of it have 2 little scoops forcing in air and have a fair bit of filter foam....I have heard about a new braap having them and in testing worked really well. So thats what my idea was....

let us know how you go.

pretty much just try and custom make one if you succeed show everyone on here

All it is, is a box with a filter in it so find a small compact filter, get some plastic and get working :)

Get some radiator hose from Super Cheap or what ever. Make sure it's the same size as your carby. Then put a hose clamp on the end to hold it to the carby. cut a hole in an ice cream box and stick it all together lol.

i have done that i haven't put the box over it lol i put a rubber flap down the swinger will get a pic soon

The filter side of the carb should be 48mm .

Will be tough to find room on a crf style .

Any other style you can usually just stick a hose from the carb to under the seat and wack a filter on the end.

cheers but gunna do it properly like a new ttr how it wraps around front ways with an air box,im just gunna have to find a cheap one and find a place and way to fit it even might cut it down and change the manifold angle if i have ta...il post pics when done

i have A-Style swinger on crf 50, cause its a flex hose i just chuck i in-between swinger and frame then i have a flap from the seat blots to the frame all the way down to the pivot point of the swinger

Check this out pretty clean job too.

cass38a, All done. Thanks.

Radiator tube part: Falcon V8 (XD and XE) bottom hose. 45mm ID. 54mm OD. $19 from Auto-One.

OKO26 has a 48mm inlet, but the tube when cut at an angle fit over it no problem.

The air filter (chinese at present) fits over a 50mm tube but fit over the 54 by squashing the 54mm OD tube into it.

The ideal air filter will fit a 52mm tube. Uni filter = no probs.

The tube ID of 45mm is a little smaller than the carbie intake. But I reckon it'll be okay. Nice and smooth in there. No spring support. I am putting a bottom end cam in this bike, so no major breathing issues I hope via this mod.

Pics follow.

20080205-IMG_1319.jpg

20080205-IMG_1322.jpg

20080205-IMG_1339.jpg

Thats a great install that is no need for a box but its only for Klx and you cant do the same kind of thing on the Crf50 style well you can but it just get cover in mud lol

You will want to have a look at that whole air snorkel thread because from memory the one that Travis quoted was the MKI which was too restricting so MKII was then made using a bigger diameter pipe.

yeah love it got some sweet ideas gunna make a full sealed box under the seat and a carbon fibre finish tube...cheers for the inputs

Latest posts

Back