Air Filter Covers

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was just thinking, do you still oil the filter underneath it?

There actually really hard to find I don't buy anything on line and can't really find any stores that sell them u reckon there a really good thing you would think more places would sell them I have a Angled uni filter hopefully they make one that would fit do you think buzz bikes could get me one

Doubt it mate as they would have to source from overseas as well.

Just order over the net.

So much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got mine from the UK, it was super quick took about 5 days.
Yeah you still run oil underneath, as you probably wouldn't run it all the time.
They should fit both angled or straight no problems.

Thats true, but then you see I could brag about having the Outerwears prefilter, and sound sophisticated. Now thats important :p

Looks like I'll have to order online then I need one bad I use the uni filter with ipone filter oil and as soon as I hit the water in the bush it gets straight in and makes my bike play up I'm worried about damaging my motor and a pre filter sounds like a great easy fix

Just took a pic to show what they look like close up, the pics on the net make them look like a real solid mesh because they look so dark. But as you can see in this pic the black is quite see through and will suck plenty of air!

Thanks chop that's a way better picture then what I could find online

Won't stop it but is resistant to it. Can't hurt to run one.

LOL

Banger fix right there. Fly screen ain't going to stop water or mud that well.

Thanks chops.

2L coke bottle works flawlessly every time and can be made on the run
you cut the top of the bottle to suit the filter but not to big so it slips over the wide part of the filter rubber. then cut the bottle to length required
you cant use a tight bottle you loose to much air flow
i've ridden around all day in the rain and not had to change the filter. gets me through a vcm orund or 2

Yeah I have seen that.

That's what I use for washing the bike now but not really that great.

If it was real wet I would just run the airbox. I have a custom LXR one that works a treat.

I always run one, it's not really resistant, I've hit small puddles and big puddles and had the bike splutter from water, you guys will find out that the only gain is to stop the finer dust from getting to the filter, they are awesome and cut down/ nearly totally cut down the need to clean your air filter. But I keep seeing water mentioned and it couldn't be further away from what the filter actually does that's all guys, I recommend them for everyone.

Yeah I didn't buy mine for waterproofing.

Loving the coke bottle idea sounds good coolmodee I'll give it a crack when I go out bush next

Lol. Brooksy spreading the bogan filter. Haha.

Does the job and you get 2 litres of coke to drink before hand. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back