air filters

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miltiadis_s

Reaction score
hi im new to this forum... i have an atomik prox 125 and i want to do some mods to it.
i was looking at some forums about the 'UNI' filters and found some on ebay.. genuine and some other ones.

which ones do you guys recommend from these ones..

eBay Australia: GENUINE UNI AIR FILTER (item 160098783334, end time 21-May-07 12:50:08 AEST)

eBay Australia: NEW 2 STAGE UNI AIR FILTER, PITBIKES THUMPSTAR MOJO (item 230083846648, end time 26-Apr-07 12:48:18 AEST)

eBay Australia: FOAM AIR FILTER... (item 230118466874, end time 22-Apr-07 17:59:25 AEST)

btw im not sure of the diameter so if anyone knows please help.. thanks

those ssr bikes look cool but they don't have any for sale

are the copies better than the standard ones that come with the pro x? also can i install the new one without taking the fuel tank and seat off? thanks

no the genuine uni filter is the best one and u can install it without taking anything off just undo the screw on the house clamp on ur old one,take that off and then put ur new one on very easy

ok.. also my bike makes this noise like a spark sound it comes from the front of the engine when im accelerating it cuts out for a sec and then goes back to normal .. anyone no the prob?

I got a UNI filter best thing ever, they breathe heaps easier than the cardboard ones, the first one definatly.

Genuine UNI filters breathe a lot better then the shitty stock ones and they are also easier to get sand etc out of.

yeh man u gotta get one the guy at the moty shop told me ur stock airilfter will suck in dirt and stuff and ur engine will stuff up eventually

I found the Uni filters go hard & crack under the hose clamp, a cheaper version from Terminator Motorcycles in Brisbane has lasted about twice as long so far.
You sound like you might have a short in your plug lead. Try starting at night & look around the lead, up around the coil etc.
Cheers

do i have to retune my bike? also what mm diameter do i have to get to suit the atomik prox. thanks ps its the prox from last year.

take ur stock one to teh bike shop and u dont have to retune it

nah im going to do it myself.. u 100% i dont need to retune it cause i changed the filter on my scooter and it wouldnt go.. thanks

nah if u take ur stock filter with u to a bike shop they will measure up the diameter for you and im pretty sure u dont have to retune ur bike i chucked it on and it was fine maybe the one u put on ur scooter had to much air filter oil on it

Dude,

Its as easy as pie to work out the diameter of the filter you need. Take the old one off the carbie, get a ruler/tape measure and measure the intake of the carbie (where the original filter was connected to). It should be somewhere around 23-28mm. Don't stress if you get a measurement of like 23.4mm coz that is near enough to 23mm.

Once you've done this you can go ahead and get a new filter for it. The Unifilter is going to be the way to go, as has been said previously, they breath a whole lot better than a stockie.

Cheers

will it fit on my prox? its carbies at the front and the filter points to the front. apparantly they will hit the frame when i turn:confused:

I put a K&N on my Pro X, they cost $60.00

I needed to shift the float height up one click (richen it) to make it work, but it's still not right, have ordered a 105 main jet, hoping that fixes the problem.
since the engine runs good in the midrange now, but still not that great up top.

Basically, I put a higher flow air cleaner on, the engine wouldn't reach midrange/high end anymore at all, swap back to the paper shit, and engine runs perfect..

so yeh be careful changing to higher flow air cleaner, you probably will need to rejet, at the very least alter your float height.

Juls

Latest posts

Back