airbrushing

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeah mate its not to easy aye,
ive beend oing it for about 4 / 5 years now..
practice makes perfect tho..
get a double action airbrush not a single, double is easyer to get
nice shades and stuff. ill post up more info when i get home aye im
at a mates crib at the moment

thanks guys ive seen on tv they do flames with just stencles of just angles and curves.. wat work do u guys do...?

i think supercheap or autobahn will have them

one more thing wat about paints is it expensive?

airbrushing can be cheap or expensive, depending on the way you go about it, i have a dual action sprayer with 4 different nozzles, acrylics and enamels use different nozzles(don't have too but the end result is much better.
have done many traditional and true flame jobs, abstract, scenery and water murals on cars, fridges and welding masks. but never got into the wizards and death theme.

many hobby shops sell starter kits, don't waste your time with the cheapies that come with a can of propellant, get a compressor and at least a half decent brush.

single action brushes just have basically a valve for the air, some on or off and some are touch sensitive, push harder- more air, softer- less.

double action brushes generally have a sliding trigger. same air operation as a single action (harder-more,softer-less) but the trigger also slides back and forth- fully forward and you get no paint, slide it back and out comes the paint, further you go the more you get.
double actions are alot better when you've had a bit of practice but would recommend starting with a single first just to get the idea of how to shade, layer, build and highlight.

thanks went down to supercheap lol and brought myself an airbrush probly shit but ill get a good soon...

yer myns go a lil thing u twist and more or less paint comes out

i run myn out of a big compressor with a regulator

yuer i was just looking to do flames do u use stencils and wat kind ?

yer use stencils... a mate of mine had like sticker 1s... don't know where to get them though... he made them up

shit yea man its hard az my mate has one of the special art pen air compressors and the lil airbrush for it and its so diffucult but if u got a passion for it then u will get better

ok
if i did get a decent one do u have to be able do draw cas i cant draw for sh#$
i would prob just use it for pushies helmets and dat or will i strugle to much

haha, you dont have to be able to draw, heaps of stuff is stencils, but
it certinly would help if you can draw haha

ill just give you one of mine...
you go to my ex's school, so ill jus leave it at her place one
day and she can take it and give it to you in class or somthin?

hay
cas i dnt know if ill stick to it i dnt wanna go spending 300-400 on airbrush and paint so could someone point out one on ebay that is cheap but descent and if i like it i will get a gud one
cheers

duddles i just said ill give you a airbrush, you just need to get a compressor haha..
talk to sophie about it,ill give it to her, and she can give it to you at school.

sorry didnt see dat
thanks mate i allready have a compressor so ill just need paint or will i need more lol
are u sure u dnt want any money for it

Last edited:
im also gonna start airbushing
i went onto the site motoXXX said to go on and was wondering if there were any cheaper airbrush kits thank that as im not prepared to pay $600-$800 for a kit. any help would be great

cheers

Latest posts

Back