Airfilter Spring Rusted

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benox

Reaction score
Well,
I've got a Uni Pod Filter and over the last week or so it's been in my room being cleaned.. One night I decided to let it soak in water but forgot about it over night :idiot: , next morning got some tissues and chucked it into the middle of the filter and tried to dry the springs [all the water was drained out of the foam] .. So its been sitting with tissues for a few days and I just took the tissues out and can see rust marks on the tissue, looked inside the filter and saw 2 springs have rusted and some of the rusty residue [orange stuff] has gone onto the foam itself.

Will any of that rusty residue crap fly off into the carby and damage something? I just want to make sure..
Cheers,
The NoX

I can't see why it would harm the bike, but to be on the safe side soak the filter again and after cleaning it spray it with dewatering fluid or WD40.

Alright thanks Rube, Gonna give it a go when I go to my pa's. All my crap like WD40, Air filter oil etc. is there

Pod
06_Attach_Seperately.jpg

Foam
161-Uni-filter_med.jpg

Dude, us mods should think of editing the forum rules and add in

" . No retard posts"

Sidney, every post you make would get you in trouble.

Latest posts

Back