Ajusting ProX 140 dampers

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kourt

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to ajust the rear damper on the Prox 140? It has a valve at the back of the shock same as a car tyre valve.I want to slow the recoil and stiffen the damper does anyone know how i can do this?

Also i would like to stiffen the front shocks they have the same valve on the bottom.

I suppose i need the pressure values for these?

The rear shock, don't touch the air valve, it has Nitrogen in it, you can replace the nitrogen with air, but I don't know the exact qty, I put 140psi in my shock and it blew it's main seal after a few days riding, so I'd say under 100psi but above 50psi.

you shouldn't touch that setting anyway.

there should be a silver dial at the bottom of the shock, turning one way will slow the rebound, turning the other will speed it up, from experience there is only about a 1/4 of a turn in the whole adjustment range thats actually useful, and small 1/16 turns in that area seem to make a world of difference.

as for the forks.

they just run air in them, I've been running 100PSI in both legs for months on end now with no issues. cuts down the bottoming and speeds up the rebound doing this. however it adds stiction at the start of the travel.

Juls

Thanks Juls

I had a look but no dial on the rear shock? Its has a model number on it but cannot find any info on its an Orion AP-33AR? Googled it with no luck- any idea's?

There is 2 35AR's,

I have one, that has a round silver dial at the bottom of the shock, it rotates around the bottom of the shock shaft, directly under the spring.

in your case you may have the other 35AR which has no adjustment.

check Fastace

Juls

Dam it shit! I think i got the crap one with no ajustment. Might check the air pressure in it and if that doesnt help might buy the swanky one.

Or can you put a proper MX bike shock on these maybe from a cr125 or something?

Latest posts

Back