Anodising Fork legs

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuts 4 50s

Reaction score
Hey just wanting to bring back some life to my faded forks. I have heard of kits that can do the job, and also was wondering how much it would be to get them done at a Anodising place.

Whats your opinion on both ways of bringing back the bling?

you could clean all the anodize off , so its all a clean alloy looking finish all over.

Would be hard to find a place to get it done in aus i reckon .

kits will give it a cheap looking finish, ive used them before and wouldn't recommend them.

Like Woggy said, you could remove the rest of the anodized finish and maybe polish them?

Are you talking about the upper or lower part of the leg?

the upper could be cleaned and re-annodised, electromould in thomastown could do it (big dollars) or there is a place in morrabbin somewhere (cant remember their name) that have an $80 minimum charge and only do clear, black or gold.

if its the lower section of the leg they are hard annodised, electromould are about the only mob that will touch it and your talkin hundreds of dollars.

hope this helps

Last edited:
its the top hes talking about, and do you have links to these guys? it'd need to be shipped over i think... and also polishing isn't really a option coz then there'd just be too much polished stuff on the bike... wouldn't look right...

Ive heard about faded plastics, and people use a heat gun and it brings the color back.

Just wondering if its the same deal with anodising?

Ive heard about faded plastics, and people use a heat gun and it brings the color back.

Just wondering if its the same deal with anodising?

The anodizing from my folks haven't faded at all (we have the same bike lol)

But yeah, get some petrol and elbow grease.. That should get it off, or maybe metho/turps... They will look better silver I think..

Oven cleaner i think it is , gets anodize off . will give it a nice clean dull finish i would assume . wouldn't be a shiny polished look.

But yer be up for some $$ if you want to fully strip the forks and get the top tubes done .

Few suspension places in America do the service for about $150 i believe but they no what there doing and have to pull the forks down in most cases anyway. to do the lower legs is about $650 from Feal suspension.

The anodizing from my folks haven't faded at all (we have the same bike lol)

But yeah, get some petrol and elbow grease.. That should get it off, or maybe metho/turps... They will look better silver I think..

I think my bike must of been left out in the sun for ages, i bought it like it.

Nah i dont really want to polish them because i have heaps of polished parts on my bike already and i think it will ruin it.

I think my bike must of been left out in the sun for ages, i bought it like it.

Nah i dont really want to polish them because i have heaps of polished parts on my bike already and i think it will ruin it.

Nah, not polish, just silver...

Oven cleaner i think it is , gets anodize off . will give it a nice clean dull finish i would assume . wouldn't be a shiny polished look.

But yer be up for some $$ if you want to fully strip the forks and get the top tubes done .

Few suspension places in America do the service for about $150 i believe but they no what there doing and have to pull the forks down in most cases anyway. to do the lower legs is about $650 from Feal suspension.

yep oven cleaner works as long as it's caustic. "easy off bam" spray is one i used i think.leaves a dull finish depends on how long you leave it on as to how dull it goes.

Latest posts

Back