another problem again for us

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bilko71

Reaction score
hey everyone weni kick my bike over well try it wont start but there is like a massive click or like a skipping sound wen i kick the bike over and it doesnt sound good at all soo would it be in side were the kickstarter is

can anyone help me please

hey, the exact same thing happend to me, turned out my kickstart shaft had bent and rubbed on the outer casing and worn down the gear wich causes it to skip. you should take off the clutch side cover and check the case and look for wear on the inside if it is worn check the gear on the kickstart shaft and also check the one that connects to that on the drve chain shaft.

Sound like the kick start idle gear has stripped some of its teeth, been there done that, cost me about $60 in parts for the 3 gears , kick start gear, idle gear and main shaft gear.

The main shaft and idle gear were the ones that broke. only takes 2hrs to change out if you take your sweet time like i did.

hi
my kick start is skipping as well.will the gears on a 125 motor fit into a 140..unless there is a place in perth i can get some new ones thanks

Sound like the kick start idle gear has stripped some of its teeth, been there done that, cost me about $60 in parts for the 3 gears , kick start gear, idle gear and main shaft gear.

The main shaft and idle gear were the ones that broke. only takes 2hrs to change out if you take your sweet time like i did.

Thats because you have a Honda, right? If you have a china engine you're going to have to get parts out of another engine or buy a new one.

i have a 140 lifan that is skipping but i have a 125 ducar crap eng that i can take the gears out of but will they fit

hay eichkay where did u buy the gears from as my 140 lifan is really bad now
thank you

hey guys soz about the lait reply couldnt get to the computer because of operation but going to start fixing the bike in the next 2 weeks and will let u guys no wat the hole problem was
thanks guys

Latest posts

Back