ant looking good

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bilko71

Reaction score
just went riding the sarvo down the bush it was muddy as and pissing down with rain. me bike just stopped going around a corner and wont start now just woundering if anyone has this problem befor and what do your think will be wrong with it
cheers

yes because you could get water in the carby clean out your carby and then try start it.

Bilko, I can understand your very worried.
If the air filter is wet, Water has most likely gone straight into the carby. Take the bowl off and clean it out, or just leave it to dry.. Overnight then give it a kick in the morning, see how she goes aye? :D

Dont worry, its most likely nothing serious.. Just probably got shitloads of water in it aye

wen water is in the carby does your bike still start
and normally wen i tried to kick the bike over without alot of power with my foot it kicks back up and now it dont do it y doesnt it kick back up

you might not have any compression so you may have done something inside the engine.

Its normal for it to stop kicking back after about a month, thats not loss of compression.

bros bike had the same prob wouldnt start for about 15 mins coffin n splatterin and bit later it worked :p as suggested clean carbie and air filter and try and create a wall infront of ure electrics and filter so future problems dont happen

ok but it wont evan like kick over or anything not evan like fludded or anything

Let it dry out for a day or so and then kick it and see if it starts. I doubt that it is anything serious so stop worring about pistons etc. It will be wet eletrics or fuel. If it dosent start when its dry then go thru the motions ie.
check spark and rectify if none then check fuel and so on.

Can I suggest you remove the spark plug and tip the bike over to empty the bore. There's a chance you got some water into the bore thru the carby. Water does not compress, might be why it kicks back .. its on the compresion stroke. Don't leave it. The longer you wait you'll wreck the engine. Clean out the carby too.

Remove the plug and tip it over to drain, check it out anyway. If you do find water let it drain and then hose it down with WD40 or dewatering fluid in a can, then drain it again. Put plug back in and then try starting it.

Hope that helps

Latest posts

Back