Any good trails around port macquarie/wauchope

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kracks

Reaction score
i've been ridin' around the quarry near wauchope n.s.w but am getting bored i need somethin different any suggestions

sorry to bump an old thread guys, but its hard to find fellow riders around here, and this is probably my best bet.

im in port, im not sure if its the same quarry your talking about but theres a quarry type area just before wauchope, on the south side of oxley hwy. ive been there once with the bike.

sorry to bump an old thread guys, but its hard to find fellow riders around here, and this is probably my best bet.

im in port, im not sure if its the same quarry your talking about but theres a quarry type area just before wauchope, on the south side of oxley hwy. ive been there once with the bike.

That was where i was riding when i lived in Port. I was on a YZ426 at the time and given the size of the quarry the tracks run out very fast lol

Does Port still have there MX track? maybe you can hit up the local club there and see if they can offer anything as i know there are a few boys up your way.

Depending how keen you are, slap on a 12" paddle and hit North shore lol done that once or twice.

Last edited:
That was where i was riding when i lived in Port. I was on a YZ426 at the time and given the size of the quarry the tracks run out very fast lol

Does Port still have there MX track? maybe you can hit up the local club there and see if they can offer anything as i know there are a few boys up your way.

Depending how keen you are, slap on a 12" paddle and hit North shore lol done that once or twice.

yes i imagine the tracks would run out quickly with that size bike lol.
we do still have the mx track up here but ive attended one of their race days as a spectator and asked around about info etc,,,and it seems they are only interested in racers. i was told most members have their own private tracks.
the main problem for me is i have 3 daughters (9,13,14) who are very novice with bike riding... though i could say the same for myself. we have a tdr pro 125 ebay chinese special which ive taught the elder 2 to ride,,, they are comfortable with reaching 4th (top) gear, but not that comfortable with going up down up down gears yet.....small steps are best for the young ones i think.
i have only just got the youngest to ride the bike alone, only 1st gear so far, but she is keen to go into 2nd, but still has to learn to keep the throttle consistent. i am pretty proud for the fact she hasnt stalled the bike yet though,,, the elder 2 still do stall it sometimes.
last weekend we decided it was time to get another bigger bike,,, so we searched ebay and got a tty150, which has HEAPS more power and wheelstands easily while already in motion. the 125 only wheelstands by dumping the clutch from stand still. ive only ridden the 150 around our yard (about 15mx15m) with small wheelies, and am itching to get it out on the tracks and give it a good run,,, the compression is so high i cant get enough speed in our yard to change to 2nd,,, where as the 125 i can thrash around in 3rd or 4th easily in our yard. the 150 stalls in 2nd as soon as i let the clutch out.
im no bat out of hell on a bike,,, im comfortable on the 125 flat stick in 4th,,, but i know im gonna eventually hurt myself on the 150,,,my guess is flipping it. im the kind that likes to rev out all gears,,, not kill the bike,,, but hit high revs,,, then back off the throttle and chuck it into next gear and flat stick again. much like i am in my car.
i think i need to find a family in kind of the same situation as my family,,, or similar,,, so we can all park in the one spot and let 2 or 3 members ride off for a short ride together.
that being said though,,, i am very much itching to meet up with more experienced riders,,, so i can go riding with them without my kids,,,and test where my boundaries are, im not one for being stupid,,, but i do like to push my limits a LITTLE to improve my skills/balls. i am in the process of extending my VERY small trailer to accomodate both of our bikes. we currently ride in a grassy paddock at a workmates property out at long flat. but i doubt he would allow strangers in.
please,,,anyone interested in riding with us,,,or me,,,please inbox me or reply to this thread because we are very new to this scene and need someone to fit in with.
ps,,, we have also ridden a little down at ghost rd (houston mitchell dr)

Latest posts

Back