any idea what is wrong with my bike???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djeuro

Reaction score
Hi guys i bought this bike of a friend of a friend of mine about 3 days ago and i took it for a quick ride around my front yard and firstly i cant get the bike to idle and secondly when i go to accelerate it sounds like there is an exhaust leak or an air leak some where on the bike, also when u put it into gear the bike feels like its bogging down hard in the rear end, i was told from my brother in law the reason its doing that is cause of the rear bushes on the swing arm are warn out, not sure if that's true or not just wanted to get some technical advice is all guys

i have uploaded a video to show exactly what i mean

rl]

no probs i was just like you when i got my first bike so just spreading the love :) jks aside
yeah the video is awesome

yeah will help a lot tomorrow when i pull the carby apart and give it a good clean :) ny wife is having a cry cause her bike isn't idling properly, so thanks heaps for the support mate means a lot

have a look at your can on the exhaust .. also the header pipe make sure its tight >>> not over tight on the head bolts

carb sounds like it has a air leak .. try some wd40 sprayed around the carb manifold to see if theres a leak or start ya basted .. it will change in idle if theres a leak

fresh fuel .. take spark plug out ... crank over to see if it has a good strong spark .. clean the plug

the joys of owning a secondhand bike

i did notice today when i took the spark plugg lead of the actual cap part on top of the spart plugg had fallen off,

thats no good and thanks for the rep have fun and the bike you have is sweet to love the gfx kit polish it for me :)

Latest posts

Back