Any Ideas Boys? (Clutch Problem)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wouldn't like a motovert dealer have gpx/jialing parts and wouldn't they fit a lifan?

nah brad smith in at braaap does new gearboxes ;) case i could of done my old engine but i got a new race engine =)

wouldn't like a motovert dealer have gpx/jialing parts and wouldn't they fit a lifan?

Not sure but I think the jailing and lifan gearbox parts come from the same factory. A motovert dealer cant get the parts any easier than any one else.

really i thought that they would be heps more popular.. seeing as the weakest thing in the engine would be the box?

Just found out they can order a new gearbox from china but it will cost the same ammount to buy a new engine so I have to buy a new engine and pay the mechanic for taking it apart. :(

I doubt you guys apart from Flarry have gearbox issues. Just slipping clutches. Because these engines get swapped into so many different bikes the clutch cables can differ and run out of adjustment. The cable needs to be adjusted so that it starts to engage as soon as you start to release it so the clutch springs have a chance to apply full pressure. Also the oil you use will effect the clutch performance.
The 140's also make mince meat of the alloy kickstart levers getting around which are junk, so use a steel one. They must be kicked from TDC properly if you want the starter gear to last, do not go thrashing at it. Any engine with higher compression can strip stock starter gears if you are careless.

umm dw man i know how to adjust a cable =) and my cables fine its internal! but yeh it might be just the clutch needs some time to grab bo4 it can do its job =)

Well if it starts to crunch and get worse then you'll know its the gearbox.

Latest posts

Back