ANy ONE KNOW SOME GOOD CHEAP MODS FOR A YZ125>?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aztech

Reaction score
Looking for mods for my yz 125.Any ideas its a 01 moddel.:eek:

What mods?

Engine ... chassis ... suspension ... motarding ... looks only?

Need more info on what you'd like, whether it be from a sticker kit to a full engine rebuild.

thinking pro circuit pipes >?? re jetting the carby>?

Okay, well I'd probably look at porting it a bit if you want to go that far, so you can make the most of the pipe and jetting. If you do consider porting, whilst the head is off get it shaved just a bit to increase squish a tad, then run the bike with hi-octane 98+. Try and source a good carby (maybe ebay), a bigger bore flat slide would be your aim.

That'd be your combustion mods (above), then for other mods you could consider upgrading the ignition output. But seek advice on this (I'm not too sure) as you don't want to burn a hole in your piston.

Oh ... and if your bike is an 01 model, you may want to consider changing the fork oil and rear shock oil if that hasn't been done yet.

Shop around on ebay, and finding things like a bigger flat slide carb etc can be very affordable. Gaskets etc are cheap, and shaving the head and porting isn't as expensive as people think it is.

:)

Last edited:
do you really think he should get a bigger carby ruby?
cause ive done alot of engine work to my yz125 an it still has the original carby just rejetted to suit the mods an the bike runs like a dream

I'm giving advice as an overall guide to modding. Not really bike specific. IMO I've found larger bore flat slides to be a good mod for a bit of extra omph. However, you clearly know more about the YZ125s than I would, so you want to comment on what you've done to your YZ?

:)

they are not like pit bikes, dont get a bigger carby LMAO.

A cheap and fairly notacble mod is v force reeds they are not that expencive and good, or even the whole v force block but thats more expencive,

okay ruby oh i wasnt beeing a smart arse i was just wondering why you would go for a bigger carby thats all cause im allways looking for more mods to do
these are the mods list ive done to my YZ125
engine mods are boyseen power reeds,pro x racing piston kit,pro x racing conrod kit,all new gaskets an all new seals, new main bearings,bore an hone barrel,machined the head an check the squish,re-set an adjusted an machined power vavles,re-jetted the carby,ngk plug,pro curcuit exhaust

other mods are ufo plastics,xgx racing full graphics kit with matching gripper seat cover,pro taper bars,renthal grips bar ends,new wheel bearings, new swingarm bearings,new seals an adjusted forks,dbd seal savers,d.i.d chain,renthal rear sprocket, an stainless steal allen key bolts
umm thats all i can think of

Last edited:
ok Kool Thanks For that Guys and girls = ] I start shoping around

Latest posts

Back