Any tips for mono's? 125cc China's

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creole

Reaction score
So yeah ive moved from clutching 1st's to just on/off throttle and yanking it up in 2nd, but i just cant seem to keep it up for long.

Mebe 5 meters in 2nd gear max.

Any tips to keepin the mono going in 2nd? im on full throttle but the bike just dips back down. should i try clutch dumping whilst up in the air? or keep yanking the bars?

Ill keep practicing. but any tips would be sick.

learn back a little further(remember where you rear brake is) hold a steady speed in 2nd but not to fast and make sure your not reving your bike to hard, then pull up on the bars(can clutch aswell if you like but be carefull) and roll on ya throttle once up keep blipping your throttle smoothly find your balance point back off your throttle select third with no clutch once second is maxed out (when selecting another gear very important to be off the gas because as soon as you select the gear it will throw you back a little)wait for the throw back then continue

i use to hate doing wheelies on 125 chinas, everything loose & not well made takes a week just to fix everything so when you pull throttle your not waiting till next week for the response

yeah mate much like the others said ,

balance is the key to these bikes - due to lack of grunt;)
just make sure you dont go full throttle as it will run out of puff:p
same applies to doing a burnout/brakey in a car , if u go flat stick, it will spin hte wheels then just accelerate away !

and practice makes perfect !

update us when u have susd it out ! if u can .....lol

i use to hate doing wheelies on 125 chinas, everything loose & not well made takes a week just to fix everything so when you pull throttle your not waiting till next week for the response

well a 1/4 turn throttle and a ORK makes my vert very snappy, actually nearly to snappy for a slow wheel stand gotta be moving at a pace then lean back and pin it and well ya you now the drill lol

Search for the other mono thread heaps of response there!

ive got the same problem as you CREOLE. Im getting better. i can go for about 15-20 max then the front dips back down. Ive got a 110 gen. thumpy and its got a hell of a lot of grunt. it'll stay up for a while. i cant change gears yet. ive been practicing. too scared gonna fall off the back. and i need to get used to the back brake and using it when i go too far back. but yer. ive heard to lean back a fair way. if you do it properly you should be able to go for ages in 1st gear just going slow. if you get your balance point. i cant imagine it being too hard if you got used to it. but practice makes perfect i guess.

gee i wished i wasnt too dumb to change 2 2nd gear when chukin a wheely cause when i done it the moto want vertical and i fell off the back and landed on my tail bone and it fuikin KILLED!!!>

haha. i did that on my old bike. got a video of its somewhere aswell. lol. it was a semi-auto 90cc. So i held down the gear lever(neutral) and left it down. reved the shit out of it then let it out and went back on my arse. it hurt.

could be your swingarm length holding you back a bit.

someone pointed out in another thread that my swingarm was heaps long, which explains why my bikes gotta be practicaly verticle before i get to the balance point.

i tried doing a mono on a 125cc china once, I majorly failed lol

hey i got a 125cc pitty i found when i had a bold tyre it was easy to do monos 2nd gear drop clutch and off i go but when i got new tyre it took me a day to get use to it cause of the roundness of tthe tyre so next time ur up for new tyre try that 1st

Latest posts

Back