any tips on jumping mini's?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zumanity

Reaction score
ive just started jumping the bike on small jumps and i would like some advise on how to jump safely.
any tips?

ive just started jumping the bike on small jumps and i would like some advise on how to jump safely.
any tips?

Hang on lol:D

Naa just take it easy and don't ride over ya head, and try and stay centred on ya bike ...this will become natural as your "air sense ' develops.

If you are jumpin dirt you can gradually make the jumps bigger as your confidence grows ... and remember just have fun ... don't push too hard too fast and soon it'll come .:cool:

go hard go fast hold on and hope your alive on the other side

hehe

yeah i think when i came off last time i wasn't centered on the bike when i lifted off. i read somewhere that you grip the bike with your legs is that right?

yeah i think when i came off last time i wasn't centered on the bike when i lifted off. I read somewhere that you grip the bike with your legs is that right?

Yeah same practicing monos try an keep the pressure on ya pegs even ... but it comes with practice... these things are twitchy little buggers in the air at first but as ya "air sense " develops you'll find you can muscle em outta trouble in the air alot easier than a big bike... I don't grip the tank but alot of crew do when they are starting to jump ....if it feels right do it ...anything that makes you more comfortable in the air is worth trying .

You know when you are not centred in the air ...it's a horrible feeling ...it just FEELS wrong ...I've had a few big ones where I been in the air for a bit before I hit lol

One on my yz250 pinned in 4th that did my collarbone 45kms from anywhere...that was a FUN ride out

It's hard to explain ..it's such a weird feeling ...you know you are in the air and you just somehow KNOW everything has gone wrong ....you are not facing the ground the right way but you sure as sh@t don't know which way that is either :D

One of the few things that gives me the FEAR :eek: LOL

try keep the throttle constant so your not braking or accelerating when you land, if you close the throttle/ apply rear brake the bike will tip forward, if you open the throttle more it will tip backwards, this applies in the air aswel

dreadful.......what you described is exactly the same feeling i got!!
as you said when you do get that feeling its when ya cant do a damn thing about it...

masterspoon...

when i landed/ crashed i somehow throttled on, on landing which made it far worse i think.
should i back off in the air?

as you can see in the 'me and my boy up the bush' post, im not jumping very high.
those jumps in the vid were after the crash so i had lost my balls by then..lol

i want to get them back.
i figured i had to get back on the beast after i did it to keep my nerve.

Yeah, very important if you stack unless injury prevents it get back on the bike THAT DAY!!!! My lill sis got knocked off a pushy when she was 9, didnt get back on untill she was 18. Different wheels but same theory

Remember that the bike wont just do the jump while you sit there, stand up and lean forwards a bit with your feet centered on the pegs, make sure the run up is straight ahead and line yourself up, keep the throttle steady and increase slightly when you hit the jump.

Ive come off the jump a little side ways and become off center in the air but I can USUALLY get myself out of it on a mini, that feeling is probably familiar to us all.

You'll get the hang of it pretty fast, i just started small and now im doing ramps, so just move at your own pace and you'll get better at it.

Ive come off the jump a little side ways and become off center in the air but I can USUALLY get myself out of it on a mini, that feeling is probably familiar to us all.

Yeah I hate that feeling, I get it a lot on a BMX bike.

On a 50 it doesn't happen much though because the bike is obviously a lot heavier.

thanks heaps guys for your response.
the other day in the vid is the first time back on the jumps after i broke my foot a month ago. i guess just some time on the bike will get me back on it.....god its expensive when ya do urself in eh! 1 month off work with no pay..lol
all good now though!

Latest posts

Back