Apollo-Orion AGB-31 250CC

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All good bruz ... I rode one of the first models but demolished the rear shock and rim in half a lap of the patch ... but I'm a bit of a monster and seem to break sh@t by lookin at it .:D
We are all on jap bikes so I don't see many around down here or get a chance to ride one ...but yeah they seem to have improved a bit and ok I guess ...you just don't wanna get too serious on em ..... I just like the fact that I'll never be able to go too big or too hard on a jap bike ...truth is I'll never be that good .... and think I could easily go too big on a china 250 ....because I already have .

But yeah not everyone is like me ..... a nutjob that overjumps sh@t like an idiot :D

But yeah not everyone is like me ..... a nutjob that overjumps sh@t like an idiot :D

don't be so shore when i was ridden my BMX i couldn't land spot on, i'd either come up short(most of the time) stack, or over jump for fun, prob cause im a shit rider lol.

Hey all...I bought this bike about a month or so ago and I can honestly say that I love it!!! I weigh 105kgs and am reasonably tall, I ride with people who own cr's and KX's etc and I can say that it keeps up quiet well...as for pics I will try to post some that may help!!!

I have found that the bike itself is easy to ride and the motor seems strong...the pipe setup robs some top end power so I have removed the big muffler box that splits into two pipes and put a single pro pipe on, sounds better too!!!

As for jumping, I have done a fair bit on mine and it seems to be holding up really well...not cracked welds or anything of the like...if you have any questions that you would like to ask about this bike please do and I will try to help as best I can!!!

They look like a rip off of aprillia to me.....interesting

i have an agb31 and i'm busy upgrading parts on it at the moment.....what pipe have you put on it?have you got any pics?......i've been considering changing mine
so far i've fitted pro taper bars,zeta brake lever,wrp clutch lever,mx tail tidy.....next job is to change the standard gearing....going to try and convert it to 520 pitch instead of 530 and fit a bigger tooth sprocket at the front.
2634_69201963573_693018573_2242254_2872087_n.jpg

I just used the short piece of tail pipe that went into the large baffle to attach a pro pipe copy, Mine broke at the weld on the baffle, (see pic). I quickly realized that the big baffle that they come stock with robs performance big time! As soon as the weld broke it revved cleaner and had a noticeable power increase. As for the chain size I thought that they came with 520 chains on them???

I will have to check that cause I just bought a DID 520 O'ring for mine...As for the gearing I too am going to try a bigger front sprocket as they need it for the straights. The only other mods I have done so far is a Racing CDI which made a world of difference to it in top end and a better back tyre, (Dunlop D756, wicked tyre!). I am going to change the angle of the pipe to be parallel with where it bolts to...I think it will look better and be more out of the way, in saying that it works great where it is.

To everyone else that are saying that Jap bikes are better...I too agree...I had a DT200 96 model before this and before that a 89 model KX 125 which I loved, but the suspension, brakes and handeling on this chinese thing blows them both away...it was a surprise for me as well I must say & the power is comparable although it tops out way before the other two ever did. The racing CDI made a fair bit of difference towards this though. I might buy a Jap in the future but at the moment I am happy with the Chong Banger!!!

Attachments

• Rod Bike Pics 041.jpg
    Rod Bike Pics 041.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Rod Bike Pics 042.jpg
    Rod Bike Pics 042.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 37
I just used the short piece of tail pipe that went into the large baffle to attach a pro pipe copy, Mine broke at the weld on the baffle, (see pic). I quickly realized that the big baffle that they come stock with robs performance big time! As soon as the weld broke it revved cleaner and had a noticeable power increase. As for the chain size I thought that they came with 520 chains on them???

I will have to check that cause I just bought a DID 520 O'ring for mine...As for the gearing I too am going to try a bigger front sprocket as they need it for the straights. The only other mods I have done so far is a Racing CDI which made a world of difference to it in top end and a better back tyre, (Dunlop D756, wicked tyre!). I am going to change the angle of the pipe to be parallel with where it bolts to...I think it will look better and be more out of the way, in saying that it works great where it is.

To everyone else that are saying that Jap bikes are better...I too agree...I had a DT200 96 model before this and before that a 89 model KX 125 which I loved, but the suspension, brakes and handeling on this chinese thing blows them both away...it was a surprise for me as well I must say & the power is comparable although it tops out way before the other two ever did. The racing CDI made a fair bit of difference towards this though. I might buy a Jap in the future but at the moment I am happy with the Chong Banger!!!

whats your exhaust silencer?....it looks pretty small....could i see a pic of the whole bike from the side to see what it looks like.have you got a website link to a similar pipe.
thats the main reason i want to change the pipe because of the baffle.....
i'm pretty sure its a 530 pitch set up...i've seen on a few websites and there's a place that does orion/apollo spares thats got it as a 530
Orion Motors Benelux - De officiële importeur van Apollo Orion voor de Benelux
what racing cdi did you get?.....is it easy to install?
i'm running michelin tyres......miles better than the cheap plasticy chinese tyres.
thanks for the pics btw....looks smart

whats your exhaust silencer?....it looks pretty small....could i see a pic of the whole bike from the side to see what it looks like.have you got a website link to a similar pipe.
thats the main reason i want to change the pipe because of the baffle.....
i'm pretty sure its a 530 pitch set up...i've seen on a few websites and there's a place that does orion/apollo spares thats got it as a 530
Orion Motors Benelux - De officiële importeur van Apollo Orion voor de Benelux
i'm running michelin tyres......miles better than the cheap plasticy chinese tyres.
thanks for the pics btw....looks smart

You guys are right it is a 530 bugger it all...oh well off to the shop to get some new sprockets lol. The pipe is off an AGB-30 250cc 2008 model. I just cut a bit of pipe off and put the piece that broke out of the baffle on the end to fit it to the existing engine pipe...works well and has more power and rev's out better now. The only thing that I am going to do is get a piece of pipe bent up so I can have it sit at the same angel as the seat support that it bolts to...will be more out of the way there and look better too.

My racing CDI came from here:

Power Cdi 150cc 250cc

has made a fair difference to mine in the top end power, it dose not fade out as quickly in top gear. More than likely it's because of the absence of the rev limiter and the improved torque curve.

As for the pipe, I got it from the people that imported my bike...my bike come with a six month part warranty offered to me because I bought mine fully assembled, high tensile and lock tighted by a bike mechanic. I payed $2000 for it but it is piece of mind more so that I bought & I am glad I did cause I have replaced a dodgy rear shock and I got my pipe for $30 instead of $150!!! Well got to go pull the front & rear sprockets off and get to the bike shop, wanna ride this weekend !!! As for pics I will see what I can do for ya.

Last edited:

Soz...forgot to answer that! Easy as to install...just remove two plugs from the standard one and plug in the racing one!!! The hardest bit is mounting the new one in as it has no mount holes and the original CDI is held in by the usual clip in rubber mounted thingy that goes around the CDI.

I used some really good quality cable ties....the ones that are metal and plastic lined to hold it into the original place along with some thinner rubber to shock protect it a bit...it has been working fine for the last couple of weeks without any movement or problems.

One mod I have been thinking about is a stator mod something like this one:

CPB Racing Inner Rotor Kit

that is for up to a 140cc I think, but, there is a guy down here that reckons he can get one for the 250cc range??? Dunno but they reckon that they have less power down low with this mod and a lot better power once the rev's build a bit? I have never ridden one with this mod so I would not truly know.

The other mod that was offered to me was to port etc the head, which, I have been told is the only way to get more real power from them. The costing on that was $450 though lol

let me know what sprockets you get to fit if there off a japanese bike please.....like the idea of the cdi....think i may seriously consider that.
i think the weight of the bike is one of its main serious flaws.....i'm tempted to remove the electric start but as i use it for road riding aswell as off road the electric start is nice to have.
the underseat pipes are def going...i've just got to decide whether i like a short style one like yours or a standard large one....
i'd be intrested in seeing a pic of the cdi fitted to the bike if you have one.....as well as a side view and rear view of the pipe if you have one....sorry for being a pain but there doesn't seem to be many people admitting to owning this bike(or not interested in improving/modding it)
cheers:)

let me know what sprockets you get to fit if there off a japanese bike please.....like the idea of the cdi....think i may seriously consider that.
i think the weight of the bike is one of its main serious flaws.....i'm tempted to remove the electric start but as i use it for road riding aswell as off road the electric start is nice to have.
the underseat pipes are def going...i've just got to decide whether i like a short style one like yours or a standard large one....
i'd be intrested in seeing a pic of the cdi fitted to the bike if you have one.....as well as a side view and rear view of the pipe if you have one....sorry for being a pain but there doesn't seem to be many people admitting to owning this bike(or not interested in improving/modding it)
cheers:)

Yeah should be able to work something out with the photos mate...I am about to get a 30mm Mikuni carb for mine as well...they reckon they go heaps better with a good carb instead of the Chinese ones. Pics will follow soon as I get a good day it is teaming down here at the moment and bloody cold!!!

Yeah should be able to work something out with the photos mate...I am about to get a 30mm Mikuni carb for mine as well...they reckon they go heaps better with a good carb instead of the Chinese ones. Pics will follow soon as I get a good day it is teaming down here at the moment and bloody cold!!!
ok pal.....can't wait to see how all the mods improve the bike.did you get that chain/sprockets converted to 520?

Well it's a sad day but I have ditched the Orion for an awsome deal on a 98 CR250R for $1500. It has all the trimmings too like FMF Fatty..pro circuit shorty silencer..new tyres etc...etc... Considering I was going to pay about $700 for all the mods on the Orion I thought it better to get the jap bike and be done with it..wicked deal to boot!!!

congrats on the new bike mate.........have you sold the orion then or are you keeping it?
i'm going to keep playing around with mine.....see how much i can improve it.sure i'll end up getting a suzuki at some point though lol.........

Sold the Orion for $1200.00 lol...lost heaps but it done me for a season of riding I guess. I still say that it was not a bad bike but this thing is off the show lol...so light with the alloy frame and so bloody powerful!!!

hey guys... does anyone know where i can buy a Orion/Apollo AGB 30 water cooled dirt bike anywhere near sydney??? thanks

Latest posts

Back