Apple iPad

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniFighter

Reaction score
I was thinking about buying an ipad, anyone here got one/getting one...keen to get some feedback before i splash out the $$$.

Wayne

yeh there decent.. What you wanting it manily for mate?

I have a macbook I frickin' love it and my iphone! Personally I think there awesome and would get one if I didn't already have my laptop and iphone.

I would personally only buy the 3g/wifi models as it's pointless just getting the wifi one... it'd be the same price to get a laptop.

Umm apps are good, annoying thing is you can't use them as an external hard drive.

But there really just another device for getting on the internet. I wouldn't get one to replace instead of having a computer. Only people i know that have them and use them a lot are people that go to work/uni on the train and get bored for the hour trip there and home!

But my laptop fills my facebook addiction at home and the iphone fills in the rest of the time ha ha.

what are you realistically planning on using it for?

not sure really, wife said yes so i went into Dick Smith and had a little play with one..seems like fun (like all new toys) i guess thats why i was asking, cause im not real sure on what i has to offer that would benefit me?
seems like it would be good for browsing but not much else?

Ok..It defiantly isnt a replacement to your everyday laptop or desktop..
A large iPod Touch basically..They have some pretty damn good apps to offer, nd depending on if you get the wifi or 3G version (or both) you will be limited to what you can nd cant do around the place..Yeh like Rach said, it sucks that they cant be used as an external harddrive.. The processor in them are alrite nd they are pretty quick..But Apple have labeled them as a "laptop" but i dont reckon that they are anything like a laptop..Good for reading books too i guess if thats what you like..
I dunno, but personally i think i would rather save a bit of $$ and go for a notebook laptop..(as they are around the same size) and there pretty handy and do everything a normal computer does..You can pick them up for around $600 nd they are resonable too..
So yeh, its up to you, but i think of them as a large iPod Touch..

Best of luck but mate!

Cheers Short.y, i might pay dickies another visit and have a play oh and maybe a bit of research too...lol

Wayne

You can use your iPhone, iPod touch and iPad as a portable hard drive/ usb stick !!!

Yeah there just a large/faster iPod touch but cool as hell I reckon.... I have both an iPhone 3gs and iPod Touch gen 3 but I'm still getting an iPad... cool for chillin on the couch while watchin TV and readin new posts on MR like I do on my iTouch but with a larger screen...

Get one dude, you'll love it !!! Especially once it's jailbroken !!!!

And the size and weight is way smaller then a laptop as the iPad is only 19x25x1cm and 680g

Last edited:
ive got 2 ipads that im using for part djing and such
there wicked cool and to anyone that sez there a larger ipod touch ur trippen

way more functions and once i get a camera ill chcuk some footage up of them in action

look up daftpunk app and ull c these have mass potential as been the new mcc's freind

I haven't been trippen for years !! LOL

But, if I had an iPod touch with a larger screen and faster processor wouldn't I have an iPad (non 3g) ??

I dont think the iPad could do much more then an iPod touch with larger screen and Faster processor could do !! so maybe it is just a larger, faster iPod touch ???? LOL LOL

What are the extra functions ??

You can do way more on them when there jailbroken !!!

If you do a search on youtube you'll find alot more info on what you can do once jailbroken !!! look at iphone and ipod touch as well as they can all basically do the same thing.. but yeah you can customize it alot more, install alot more apps etc, etc, etc....

Heres a link on how to jailbreak it, it's very easy and only takes a minute or two...
YouTube - 3.2 Jailbreak iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch

have fun....

Dont need any opinions bro...its a mac...if its made by mac its the bomb...

:hail: i was always sceptical about apple...i think im now converted.

I was checking out the macbooks in JB HIFI today and i think my Acer needs an upgrade....lol

Last edited:
I dj all over australia in some of the biggest clubs and every respectable dj runs macs....my macbook pro has never let me down and i run a studio and video editing suit all from macs as well and they have never failed me yet....touching wood.

Cool.....do you know anything about the iPads?

im keen to upgrade it etc looking for some recommended apps to run, just anything in generall to make it better :-D

Latest posts

Back