Applying Graphics Kit

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mileszodiac

Reaction score
So you may have seen my thread about were to buy graphics kits, so i ordered a custom one last night for my Cr85 for $210 shipped to Aus, and as this is a fair bit of my money (spent all my work money on gear/club fees & i'm only 15 so yeah haha). So, i was wondering could i take all my plastics to a Peter Stevens or any bike shop to do my graphics? i would do them myself but i have tried before and it did not end well! luckily they were $30 ebay kit.

So have you had any experience with a shop doing your kit? Is there any do-yourself fool proof ways to apply them? And also, my sisters boyfriend is a Body Builder (cars not the weight lifters) and makes limos/hearses etc so i was wandering do you think he would be a good person to ask? I would ask him myself but he is in an area with no mobile reception.

Thanks in advance.

I bought white plastics about 3 months ago, they have never been used but i got them cheap and shipping them there would cost more than buying new plastics and there is no point buying a new set of plastics. I bought them off Magik Customs in the US so that is kind of out of the question, but thanks for your help & quick reply.

Any more ideas?

I bought white plastics about 3 months ago, they have never been used but i got them cheap and shipping them there would cost more than buying new plastics and there is no point buying a new set of plastics. I bought them off Magik Customs in the US so that is kind of out of the question, but thanks for your help & quick reply.

Any more ideas?

aaah ok, id be more included to find a sign writer to fit em..

I have no clue what your talking about? haha do you mean sign something so that someone can put them on in Australia? :eek:

I have no clue what your talking about? haha do you mean sign something so that someone can put them on in Australia? :eek:

Hahah grab the yellow pages (phone book) and look up sign writers. They are businesses that make signs, sign write business vehicles, make stickers etc etc.
If you wnat them professionally fitted, these guys would be the best people to do it

U would.be looking at min shop charge prob round 50 bucks but if u go to right shop might get it done cheaper

alot of people on here use the soapy water method it allows you to move the stickers around before fully putting them on but all the water needs to be removed from under the stickers or it will bubble, but like the otherguys have said sign writers would be the best people to fit them if you willing to pay the cash

I have used the soapy water method, which works well. But now I just get a spray bottle, fill it with water, spray the plastics surface, peel the sticker and spray the sticky side with water and apply to the plastics. I use my fingers and or thumb to get all the water/air bubbles out. I leave em for about half an hour and re-check em. If I need to, I rework any air/water bubbles out again. Mate, this is real easy and you should be able to do it no worries. Cheers

My mate owns a bike detailing/repair shop and he runs a mile when guys turn up asking to put on stickers fopr them. Reckons it's not worth the hassle for what he can charge. I've heard of guys using soapy water to get them staright then letting them dry in the sun. I botched my kids racing numbers recently so will be trying the soap and water next time.

My mate owns a bike detailing/repair shop and he runs a mile when guys turn up asking to put on stickers fopr them. Reckons it's not worth the hassle for what he can charge. I've heard of guys using soapy water to get them staright then letting them dry in the sun. I botched my kids racing numbers recently so will be trying the soap and water next time.

How much does he charge?

I am a sign writer (used to sell alot of ebay and use my roland plotter to cut my own label for fun :p)
I collected logo and label (arts work even tattoo arts - for sign too)

Get bottle water spray (or buy it from $2 store)... if ur plastic too smooth, put abit of soap not too much.... i would give a bit of water on the plastic surface, and once u pearl off the stick quickly spray water on it (dont be affraid of water - if you dont, any dirt or dust flying around will get stuck with ur sticker).... Quickly put on the surface where you wnat to stick it... then use ur credit card or bank card run on top of it to get rid of water... do it slowly and from side to side... Don't rush and dont panic.... if you see something wrong you can alway slowly pearl it back up and re-applying it back.

Once you happy with it.... leave it on for awhile (i assume the decal you buying normally come with the white clear sticker called "application") pearl application slowly and angle it to the back of where you pearl it...

Maybe there some youtube show u how to do it,.... worth alook in youtube too..

Hope it helps ya
Cheers

Latest posts

Back