Applying graphics, which sparkplug??????

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MITTZ

Reaction score
hey,

i just bought a new sticker kit and was wondering if theres any special method to putting them on or weather i should just go for my life?

and instead of making 2 threads i thought i should also ask about my spark plug.
its still working fine but i figured i would get a ngk one and replace it! so should i just take the plug into a shop and ask for a ngk one the same or is there a type i could ask for?

cheers, Andrew

well well well...basically just go for your life lol

anyone would say use one of those hot air gun thingy midgygy

but when your in my world just use a hair dryer(dont diss it.It works!) to get rid of the air bubbles and to press them down

no idea about the spark plug though sorry

yeah just take your old sparky into the shop and ask for the same one as that,

so i need a hair dryer just to get the bubbles out? or to put the whole things on?

apply them carefully then get the bubbles out with the hairdryer.Once you've got that sorted just go through the whole plastics set with the hair dryer.Thats how i do it.Works well with me

best way is to spray some dishwashing liquid mixed with water on your plastics then the stickers can be placed on and slipped around into place. Then use a damp cloth or sponge to wipe out the water between the plastics and stickers and use a hair dryer to finish it off. Works a treat.

so, i peel off the backing, put them on in the right position then go over the whole sticker with the hair dryer to melt up the glue and make it stick better or something?

and how does heating it up get rid of bubbles?

My graphics came with instructions, NEVER use a hairdryer etc, allways use PLAIN water, use a spray bottle and spray the sticky side of the graphics and the plastics, this way you'll be able to move them around a bit to get them perfect, then use somthing like a ruler/credit card etc with a cloth over it to push the air bubbles and some of the water out, then leave them 24 hours to dry.

Thats how I did mine and they're perfect.

i emailed mso and they recon water with a bit of dishwashing liquid in a spray bottle and spray it on the plastics then position the sticker and let it dry. (like ingleburn)

so i recon ill do like flarry said except use dishwashing liquid (i assume it just makes it eazier to move around or makes it more sticky or something)

and i assume the hair dryer would just speed up the drying?

and flarry, are your stickers still on fine? not peeling at the edges or nething?

yeah I put a bit of dishwashing liquid with the water to help the graphics slip around a bit easier. Havent tried it with just water so dont know if it would be better.As for the hairdryer its only a light go over to help dry out the water left between the graphics and plastic. Dont go to hard or they will melt. You could just leave them overnight but im to impatient.

and i assume the hair dryer would just speed up the drying?

and flarry, are your stickers still on fine? not peeling at the edges or nething?

It says that you have to let it dry slowly for the glue and water to stick properly or somthing.

Mine are still perfect, no peeling.

yeh i done that aswell to a mates its the same as when ur puting stickers on your rc shell or somthing similar the water and soap makes it so u can slide it to get it perfect

thanks guys, put them on last night with the soapy water in a spray bottle and it worker great! there all on perfect with no bubbles and i found the credit card and rag worked well for squeezing them down and getting some water out!

gonna go get my sparker today and probly a chain and uni filter as well!
(just got a job and all of the sudden have monney :D:D:D)

mate i do sticker kits for people all the time at work we us window wash works great spray the plastics then carfully put the stiker in place and if u mess it up or it doesnt line up u can pull it off when lined up us a heat gun or hairdryer but dont get to close or u will melt the sticker just run the heat gun over it and use your hand to smooth the bubbles out then let it sit 4 an hour or so to dry.

Latest posts

Back