apprentiship ideas

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fat-magz

Reaction score
hey guys looking at starting an apprenticeship soon but not really sure what i wanna get into, ive been looking at plumbing,electrician,painter,spray painter.... looking for future benefits, the level of work safety etc... if anyone's got any suggestions that would be great its just hard cause i don't want to waste money starting an apprenticeship to find 12weeks into it its not for me....

cheers

Building trade >>>>>> NO PAINTING chippy, brickey, gryprockr,sparky,plumber,concreter <<< all good trades all pay well ,REMEMBER NO PAINTING ,,,shit job ,oh tiler good job

I was thinking of mentioning painting LOL its a pretty cruizy job for the most part.. except when your doing old beat up houses with chipped flaking paint etc

and we do a few Shopping centres all around qld/nsw every now and then and thats really good cruizy work!!

Just try and get in with a big wealthy company! with whateva trade you do , i no lots of people in trades and some of the benifits/holidays money etcc one guy is getting is incredible , compared to others.

Try not to go through one of those agencie thingies that find you the work... my mates getting 14 bucks or whatever and the employer saying its costing him around $25 a hour to hire him because of all the money they take or something like that ... someone mite no more about that

i only say painting coz its boreing and not well paid and all the old painters i know hate it and make shit money

i been in the trade for 25 yrs ,i just recon painting is a shit job ,justt my opinion

the shittest pay is mechanics....

really? the choice is yours, not ours. you have to decide what you want to do... uni? nursing? hobo?(the pay is really good:) if you can play the part well:p) brickie, pimp, giggolo, busker, pilot....

everything has its advantages and disadvantages. roofing...being out in the sun all day on a 40 degree day.... plumber/electrician, being in a roof cavity at 70 degrees all day...

who you end up working with, etc etc etc...enjoy travelling? or being at the same place everyday? enjoy doing repetitive things every day, or doing something different all the time? meeting ppl? being left alone?

i dont think anyone can really help you decide... what suits me wont necessarily suit you....

im 16 and i just done an application form at quantas foraviation engineering on the planes literally 30 mins ago. I wanted to be a tecnition in aviation and work on big planes engines and stuff but they only have the aviation engineering but there basically the same.

Lol did that make sense??

I rekon being an electrition would be good.

bicycle mechanic???.. hey its a trade believe it or not haha.

maybe not being a domestic electrician but an electrition for those huge mining trucks etc stuff that are big cause there expensive and therefore if there more expensive you get payed more :)

Hey headmess what the hell is your display picture lol??

Yer being on a roof all day is SO bad i was on it for probably no more then 1 hour the other day and it was so hot! even in this weather...

im pretty much in the same boat.. i have been thinking for YEARS now of what i would like to do for the rest of me life.... everything i think of has its bad side...

Coz i made up my mind along time ago i aint being a painter all my life

after driving me dads bulldozer i would really like to be a earthmover and drive a machine all day!! definately fun.. racked up alot of hours on it now and i reckon get me a comfier seat /enclosed area with aircon radio and i reckon i could do that all day every day LOL

ive just got me self a diesel mechanics apprenticeship,,start next year coz i missed some selection thing or something idk lol

Wow thats wat i was going to do until i saw the light....lol jokes:eek:

but i was seriousely going ti i was looking in the papers and stuff for apprentiships and all that.

what about spray painting(cars etc), im not that great with heights, an not to sure about doing electrician cause they ask for good maths an shit, which im completely opposite as im good at English but im not completely stupid an the risk of blowing yourself up would be high lol

Last edited:
I know a mechanic whos on $60hr up at some mine... but once the mines are gone he'll be sittin on $40 if he works for himself....

Not all sparkys sit in roof cavity's... theres Domestic sparkys (houses etc) or Industrial sparkys (Mills etc)

My old mans a sparky hes sittin on $60hr, accommodation, food and fuel all paid for. he works at the Kimberly Clark mill wiring and programing up the machinery...

I was tossin up between a mechanic or sparky but the automotive industry is moving to quickly and youd be constantly going to courses to keep up with all the new computers there putting in car etc etc

my two cents worth:D

90% of diesel mechanics quit in the first year due to dermatitis:eek: its a killer on the skin.... auto tranny mechanics have the best skin cus the fluid is mainly lanolin, or sheep fat... good for sun faded plastics, perished rubber, etc, too...

some prototype model of a tracked motobike:) sick hey? dont like the idea of steering the rear with the footpegs as well as the handlebars though....

ok, i got no more to add to this thread:)

just good luck.... cabinet maker?...oh...machinist:) then you can make us all some parts:)

if ur still at school doo work experience bro that's wat i did to find out i hated the job. lol

some prototype model of a tracked motobike:) sick hey? dont like the idea of steering the rear with the footpegs as well as the handlebars though....

Now i can see it , looks pretty Sick
you got me searching weird motorised things now!

duno if you ever seen this thing theres a few of them around there insane!!

Sorry about being so off topic :rolleyes:

3c5ed7b2dc.jpg

YouTube - one wheel motorcycle

yep, seen it...and theres a really nasty vid with him stacking one with a v8 on there....:eek: owwwwww!

off topics good:) now if we could all have jobs making silly things like these:rolleyes:....

Yep seen that vid on Foxtel somewhere lol gets the wobbles

That would be a dream job..

mate its your choice like headsmess said not ours...pick something that you'll like and enjoy being in.

i was going to go for an apprentiship as a carpenter or diesal mech but then i found this school " Hunter Trade Collage" it's for Yr 11 & 12 only they get 1week of standared theroy(math, english, computer studies) to get your HSC then 1week of practical of your choice of trade and you get paid $400 a week:):) im going for ACER testing on the 5th then my interview, fingers crossed i get in.

Latest posts

Back